ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat

ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat v4.1.1

No permission to download

ArrowSuites

ArrowSuites submitted a new resource:

ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat - A JQuery based, Facebook style chat script that allows your users to communicate.

screenshot-mini.png

Description
ArrowChat is a jQuery chat software that uses PHP and mySQL. It is placed at the bottom of your website similar to Facebook Chat.

The script is fully customizable from within the administration panel. Customers of ArrowChat are also able to buy or sell modifications, themes, and plugins for the software from our built-in store. The chat script will integrate seamlessly with your existing user database, even on a...

Read more about this resource...

Does this addon make use of the user groups settings? For instance can I define which usergroup can use the chat add-on or set requirements?

Will you be supporting this addon in this thread because the support provided on your site was abysmal. I probably got a reply 1/10th of the time.

How is the server load affected with this?
We have very few customers that have experienced a significant increase in load. When they do, it is usually because they're using it on a shared server with 5,000 people online at once.

You won't even see a jump in the server load with most installations.

One of the reaons I stopped using this addon was because of the way it behaved in mobile view.

Has that been fixed in the latest version? It was very hard to to close the chatbox or even type in one from my iPhone 4.

Another question is that I bought the premium, branding-free version about three years ago and I renew my license from time to time. Will renewing my license grant me the deal as always or do I have to pay extra because I just saw that you increased the business package price which is what used to be the premium edition.

I mean like when your already at a xenforo forum. That demo doesn't show a xenforo forum, it just shows arrowchat chatrooms.
The mobile version was changed significantly, so I don't know if your specific issue was fixed. That demo should should various online guests, but you can also sign into multiple account and test it out on the official demo: http://www.arrowchat.com/demo.premium/

Another question is that I bought the premium, branding-free version about three years ago and I renew my license from time to time. Will renewing my license grant me the deal as always or do I have to pay extra because I just saw that you increased the business package price which is what used to be the premium edition.
You certainly must be a very old customer, because that change was made years ago. If I remember correctly, everyone's account was upgraded to match what they had spent (or more). The business edition was added as something new and only a few customers had actually qualified for that.

Reactions: DRE
I run ArrowChat on my site (I uninstalled CometChat). It is pretty good, but there is a massive problem which upsets all of the users. When users have multiple windows open the messages do not work across all tabs which is a real pain. I think I remember reading you need to purchase your 'push' service to fix this. Can you please make it so the software does this out of the box?

I use Arrowchat on my site and I'm pretty happy with it, especially with the recent updates. The mobile version (which you don't pay extra for, whereas I think Cometchat requires a more expensive version?) works nicely. You can embed chatrooms into pages which I have done. You can hide the chatbar from mobile users (which is good as it doesn't work well with mobile devices) so tablet/mobile devices use the embedded chatroom and the mobile version.

Arrowchat can be restricted to just certain usergroups. It's pretty easy to do and I do this on my site.

@ArrowSuites - there are some fixes/changes that you need to do/look at which would improve things (where applicable, links are to the posts about these on your site):

1. As I reported in the 1.7 feedback thread here, mobile chat is not invoking the keyboard in some mobile browsers, so you cannot type anything. This needs fixing
  2. Add Gravatar support as suggested here - pretty important to Xenforo sites that have this option switched on (I do).
  3. Chat logs as text files - the chat log in the admin panel is unusable if, like me, you retain the chat history for any period of time.
  4. Users in multiple chatrooms simultaneously
  5. Logging into mobile chat - every time I have to visit my site on the mobile first before going to mobile chat or it tells me that I'm not logged in. However I never log out of my site on the mobile - should look at how to retain logged in status just as the website does
  6. Push service - I know you want to make money out of this but Cometchat allows users to choose from their service or from other third party ones. You should offer the same.
  7. Messages working across multiple windows when not using your push service, as mentioned by @Dynamic

Don't get me wrong, I do like your software, I use it and continue to pay for the updates. It would be good to see these issues tackled and some progress made on some of the other requests from other users that have been around for a while.

@Martok You have to understand that every time we add a new feature something else is requested instantly. We've implemented hundreds of requests and bug fixes from users throughout the years and will continue to do so. I would also suggest that you don't post suggestions here as they are more likely to get overlooked or lost. The best place is on our suggestions forum.

By the way, a third party push server addon was released today. We'll have more information on that in the coming days.

@ArrowSuites - all of the points except possibly point 5 have already been raised by various users on your site (I only linked the first 4 points). The logging into mobile I'm sure is mentioned somewhere on there too, I just can't recall where. Point 1 is a bug rather than a feature.

I look forward to hearing about the third party push server add-on and the forthcoming 1.7.2 update (hopefully with desktop notifications?).

@ArrowSuites - all of the points except possibly point 5 have already been raised by various users on your site (I only linked the first 4 points). The logging into mobile I'm sure is mentioned somewhere on there too, I just can't recall where. Point 1 is a bug rather than a feature.

I look forward to hearing about the third party push server add-on and the forthcoming 1.7.2 update (hopefully with desktop notifications?).
The point was that there are an endless supply of suggestions. We can't add them all and we prioritize the ones that people seem to want the most.

HTML5 Desktop notifications have been in since v1.7, unless you're talking about something else.

Top Bottom