ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat

ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat v4.1.1

No permission to download
I am using inmotionhosting.com, so are you saying i need to contact their staff to have them optimize their server, because i am not able to do such a thing on my end. Also do you know of any web host that runs arrow chat smoothly and is optimized for this chat service. I looked at your push services but at this point and time my website is not yet at that point where the arrow chat add-on is being used that much. So i would rather find a web host that is optimized to use the add-on with out making my site go down so much.
I don‘t think you want to run stuff like instant messengers on a webhost. Webhosts usually have heavy restrictions and CPU limits in place that lock your site down if they‘re exceeded. That‘s why it is usually recommended to go with a VPS setup for guaranteed resources.

Got a clean install of V2.1.1 of this on an XF1 site and it doesn't seem to be picking up the member id's to show logged in members to chat with each other. The bar only appears if I allow guests

1521229131376.webp

This is the integrations.php
Code:
    function get_user_id()
    {
        global $db;

$userid = NULL;

if (!empty($_COOKIE['xf_session']))
        {
            $result = $db->execute("
                SELECT session_data
                FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "session
                WHERE session_id = '" . $_COOKIE['xf_session'] . "'
            ");

if ($row = $db->fetch_array($result))
            {
                $data = unserialize($row['session_data']);
                $userid = $data['user_id'];

$result = $db->execute("
                    SELECT is_banned, user_state
                    FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . DB_USERTABLE . "
                    WHERE " . DB_USERTABLE_USERID . " = '" . $userid . "'
                ");

if ($row = $db->fetch_array($result))
                {
                    if ($row['is_banned'] == 1 OR $row['user_state'] == 'email_confirm' OR $row['user_state'] == 'moderated' OR $data['isIpBanned']['result'] == true)
                    {
                        $userid = NULL;
                    }
                }
            }
        }

return $userid;
    }

I've manually added the header and footer code.

Is there anything else I need to do to get it to pickup the XF users?

Using version v1.8 on XF1.4, and plan to upgrade to XF2 soon.

Can I do a direct upgrade from v1.8 to v2.1.1 on XF2?

I read in the v2.0 release notes that:

All message history and settings will be lost during the upgrade.

So there is no way to keep the current chat history of users I have on XF1.4 when I upgrade to XF2 and Arrowchat 2.1.1?

ArrowSuites updated ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat with a new update entry:

ArrowChat v2.2 - Push Service Changes

The push service has been updated to our new provider. This update is now required to use our push service addon. More details and information about the push service change is available at https://www.arrowchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=10185

Full patch notes are available at https://www.arrowchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2609

Read the rest of this update entry...

:unsure:why is this deleted?

This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

It is still available and being updated. I'm not a fan of XenForo's new auto resource deletion as it gets deleted just because we don't visit the page every month.
6 weeks, actually. We'd rather not have to work exceptions into the system because really every developer and author should have the same treatment, so frankly at the moment it's going to keep happening unless you can commit to visiting once every 4-6 weeks. Ultimately, it's your choice though. Prospective buyers should (and do) look at the resource author and see whether they're active here, or have been online recently. I appreciate your service and structure is slightly unique in that I presume a lot of your support is done through your own support channels, but those wishing to invest in a chat app like this may not realise that and might be put off if the last time the author visited was a while ago.

Resources have been undeleted.

6 weeks, actually. We'd rather not have to work exceptions into the system because really every developer and author should have the same treatment, so frankly at the moment it's going to keep happening unless you can commit to visiting once every 4-6 weeks. Ultimately, it's your choice though. Prospective buyers should (and do) look at the resource author and see whether they're active here, or have been online recently. I appreciate your service and structure is slightly unique in that I presume a lot of your support is done through your own support channels, but those wishing to invest in a chat app like this may not realise that and might be put off if the last time the author visited was a while ago.

As you said, we're in a unique situation where we support over 50 different pieces of software so it can be hard to visit XenForo often. We do support it whenever there is an issue, and we've done several enhancements to ArrowChat solely for XenForo. I visit this forum whenever someone posts but I haven't been receiving those email notifications as of late, despite them being enabled.

I didn't mean anything by that post and I hope you didn't take it that way. I'm just suggesting that the housekeeping policy should be improved. In my opinion, an email saying "Your resource is 10 days away from deletion" would suffice.

When the resource is auto deleted, can we still locate the author who created it and reach out to them or is it deleted and unviewable?

The resource is deleted and unviewable, but the discussion thread (this) and the post declaring its deletion is by the current resource owner and so you can send them a conversation message that way.

As you said, we're in a unique situation where we support over 50 different pieces of software so it can be hard to visit XenForo often. We do support it whenever there is an issue, and we've done several enhancements to ArrowChat solely for XenForo. I visit this forum whenever someone posts but I haven't been receiving those email notifications as of late, despite them being enabled.

I didn't mean anything by that post and I hope you didn't take it that way. I'm just suggesting that the housekeeping policy should be improved. In my opinion, an email saying "Your resource is 10 days away from deletion" would suffice.

welcome back, and now we hope with the recent xen upgrade.....hopefully we can finally see an arrowchat upgrade....SOON.
from at least xen 2.1.2 mobile mode doesnt work and audio notifications pinging off at random is annoying and distracting....

dont want to use a different chat just waiting waiting for this one to work better..

welcome back, and now we hope with the recent xen upgrade.....hopefully we can finally see an arrowchat upgrade....SOON.
from at least xen 2.1.2 mobile mode doesnt work and audio notifications pinging off at random is annoying and distracting....

dont want to use a different chat just waiting waiting for this one to work better..
I haven't heard of the two issues you mentioned before. Be sure to report them here: https://www.arrowchat.com/forum/tracker.php?p=1

We are about 50% done with our next update. The main goal was revamping our documentation which is now complete.

ok...i made a ticket about the mobile device not being recognized a couple months ago....was marked as a duplicate....i was assuming the audio notification bug was also already known about so i will try to get back over there again. thank you and best lucks to you...

btw, i did not notice the issue when we first came to xen 2.0 it occurred in one of the later versions along the way...perhaps 2.1.0 i am not certain tho.

Top Bottom