ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat

ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat v4.1.1

No permission to download
I have used cometchat in the past. One and a half years ago we changed to arrowchat kickstarter package. Our main reason to change was mobile support at an affordable price.

Yesterday I've renewed my license to download a current version. I was a bit disappointed when I found out that mobile support now is not part of my package any more. Somewhere I found a post saying that it is possible to use the mobile version of an older arrowchat package. But this did not work for my installation.

I have used cometchat in the past. One and a half years ago we changed to arrowchat kickstarter package. Our main reason to change was mobile support at an affordable price.

Yesterday I've renewed my license to download a current version. I was a bit disappointed when I found out that mobile support now is not part of my package any more. Somewhere I found a post saying that it is possible to use the mobile version of an older arrowchat package. But this did not work for my installation.
It was planned and in our FAQ that the v2.0 upgrade (and 3.0, 4.0, etc) would have an additional cost. Instead of doing this, we chose to move the mobile feature to the premium package. We are providing a discount for those kick starter users that want to upgrade.

Version 2.0 is still an incredible update with tons of added features despite this change.

Instead of doing this, we chose to move the mobile feature to the premium package.
..which is no good news for all kickstarter users relying on updates with the same features as the old version. It is also not a minor difference in cost between kickstarter $45) and premium version ($125).

Never asked in a support ticket :)

FWIW SSL will work on any package, but video chat wont have SSL support w/o the business one.

Last edited:
We will support XenForo 2 once it is out of beta. Beta versions should not be used in production environments; therefore, we do not support them.
That's is a good news!

I have seen your demo but not really checked all functions there. Are its all function similar to Facebook chat?

And you can remove sharing bar on it (Facebook, Twitter, Music...etc)? I mean just keeping chat bar is enough because I don't like there is a long bar at the bottom of page which can hide main content when scrolling.

That's is a good news!

I have seen your demo but not really checked all functions there. Are its all function similar to Facebook chat?

And you can remove sharing bar on it (Facebook, Twitter, Music...etc)? I mean just keeping chat bar is enough because I don't like there is a long bar at the bottom of page which can hide main content when scrolling.
Yes, it works similar to Facebook's chat. The applications on the bottom can be hidden - everything is customizable via the admin panel. The bar along the bottom can also be shortened up to just show the online list and open chats.

Hello
Just setup Arrowchat 2.1 on my XF 1.4.
I am facing an issue reported on this thread, but did not find a solution to fix it.
The chatbar does not appear except only if i grant access to guests.
In this mode, i am considered as a Guest and can see other Guests but not members, despite option "chat with member' is ticked. (Members seems considered as Guests as well...)
I read @Martok posts saying that Arrowchat can't handle XF permission. I am a bit confused about this. Anyway to fix my setup ?
Arrowchat says that i have to deal with integration.php file to fix this, but i don't know what to do in there ...

EDIT : i checked the Debug page, saw this message.

Thanks
Thanks !2017-11-12 15_28_33-Arrowchat - Debug and Help.webp

Last edited:
The image file that shows up when the user has no avatar is located in the admin folder. You'll need to change it. You can do so by opening up the includes/integration.php file.

Find:
Code:
return $base_url . AC_FOLDER_ADMIN . "/images/img-no-avatar.gif";

Change to:
Code:
return $base_url . "includes/img-no-avatar.gif";

Then just move the admin/images/img-no-avatar.gif file to the includes folder. It should work as I believe that is the only thing that is causing that.
Has this changed on the latest version?

Was wondering why does Arrowchat make my site go down so much. It seems to be pulling a lot from my server and my host provider says it is from arrowchat. So at times my site will go down because i am on a shared server. How do i fix this problem and why is this add-on pulling so much that it makes my forum go down for hours at a time. I am using inmotionhosting.com

Last edited:
Was wondering why does Arrowchat make my site go down so much. It seems to be pulling a lot from my server and my host provider says it is from arrowchat. So at times my site will go down because i am on a shared server. How do i fix this problem and why is this add-on pulling so much that it makes my forum go down for hours at a time. I am using inmotionhosting.com
Chat programs are resource intensive due to them pulling information every few seconds to check for new information. Chat programs can really take a toll on poorly optimized servers for this problem. You can optimize your chat server further, upgrade the hardware, or give our push service a try which should help reduce the load: https://www.arrowchat.com/push/

You can optimize your chat server further, upgrade the hardware
I am using inmotionhosting.com, so are you saying i need to contact their staff to have them optimize their server, because i am not able to do such a thing on my end. Also do you know of any web host that runs arrow chat smoothly and is optimized for this chat service. I looked at your push services but at this point and time my website is not yet at that point where the arrow chat add-on is being used that much. So i would rather find a web host that is optimized to use the add-on with out making my site go down so much.

Top Bottom