ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat

ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat v4.1.1

No permission to download

ArrowSuites

ArrowSuites submitted a new resource:

ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat - A JQuery based, Facebook style chat script that allows your users to communicate.

logo-new.png

img-hero-mockup.png

Description
ArrowChat is a jQuery chat software that uses PHP and mySQL. It is placed at the bottom of your website similar to Facebook Chat.
The script is fully customizable from within the administration panel. Customers of...

Read more about this resource...

Hello, I'm looking for a 'Tiaga' style shoutbox for my forums. Is this add on capable of that function? It looks pretty neat and awesome but I don't want it at the bottom of my main site if you get me? Is it moveable to the header maybe?
tia, Andy

Any possibility of this being integrated with XenForo conversations? Seems a bit cumbersome to have convos and also live chat

I can see the separation being useful in some scenarios though

Hello, I'm looking for a 'Tiaga' style shoutbox for my forums. Is this add on capable of that function? It looks pretty neat and awesome but I don't want it at the bottom of my main site if you get me? Is it moveable to the header maybe?
tia, Andy
Please see our demo page at https://www.arrowchat.com/features/embed/ for ways that you can embed the chat.

Any possibility of this being integrated with XenForo conversations? Seems a bit cumbersome to have convos and also live chat

I can see the separation being useful in some scenarios though
We are currently looking into integrating the conversations with XenForo.

if i buy licence for 1 year ? or lifetime ?
The license lasts forever. You only need to pay for software updates every six months (one year on business) for $20. If you chose not to renew, you will lose access to the newest versions. Most of our customers only renew when we release a new version they want.

ArrowSuites updated ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat with a new update entry:

ArrowChat v2.2 - Push Service Changes

The push service has been updated to our new provider. This update is now required to use our push service addon. More details and information about the push service change is available at https://www.arrowchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=10185

Full patch notes are available at https://www.arrowchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2609

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello
Running latest version of Arrowchat.
Latest XF 2.0.7

Meeting this issue :
I have set my account as Admin&Mod in Arrowchat Admin
If i do not set on "Chat for Guest" option, i can't see the chat bar.
Then my account (Both Admin on forum & Arrowchat) is considered as Guest and can't join Room etc ...

Looks like a serious bug.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Last edited:
Hello
Running latest version of Arrowchat.
Latest XF 2.0.7

Meeting this issue :
I have set my account as Admin&Mod in Arrowchat Admin
If i do not set on "Chat for Guest" option, i can't see the chat bar.
Then my account (Both Admin on forum & Arrowchat) is considered as Guest and can't join Room etc ...

Looks like a serious bug.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Have you tried setting the usergroup permissions as I'm assuming this add-on has them like every other one you see.

I'm interested in buying this in a couple days and want to make sure everything is working properly.

Thanks.

You only need to pay for software updates every six months (one year on business) for $20. .

I think I'll be buying this on the first of the month. Is there any way I can pay an extra $20 up front to get 1 year of updates and have the extra 6 months added up front? Because tbh 6 months is not a lot and I think you would be better off charging a higher price for more updates.

I would simply like to pay $65 for the software with a year included (instead of $45). Can this be arranged. Thank you @ArrowSuites

Hey Brad Padgett,
For sure the product is a nice one, when it works !
No XF permission for this script. It manages its own permission by querying your XF user database.
I was facing the same issue few years ago a with former Arrowchat version...
The Arrowchat team solved the issue within the context of a support period.

I paid the update, but as i am out the support period : no answers in their forums.
If i want answer i have to pay 20$ more to extend the support... For the same issue !
I do not recommend this product. That's a shame as their solution is smart.

@kankan I'm still going to buy it but hopefully the developer gets back to us. There must be logical explanation why it wasn't working for you. They obviously tested it so it has to work. It's a very neat thing to have facebook style chat. I think that's amazing actually.

Hey Brad Padgett,
For sure the product is a nice one, when it works !
No XF permission for this script. It manages its own permission by querying your XF user database.
I was facing the same issue few years ago a with former Arrowchat version...
The Arrowchat team solved the issue within the context of a support period.

I paid the update, but as i am out the support period : no answers in their forums.
If i want answer i have to pay 20$ more to extend the support... For the same issue !
I do not recommend this product. That's a shame as their solution is smart.
Please open a support ticket at https://www.arrowchat.com/support/contact/ and we'll be happy to fix your issue. You never have to pay for technical support if it is something wrong with our software. Also, user group permissions are included with ArrowChat. You can manage them in the ArrowChat admin panel under Users > Group Permissions.

I think I'll be buying this on the first of the month. Is there any way I can pay an extra $20 up front to get 1 year of updates and have the extra 6 months added up front? Because tbh 6 months is not a lot and I think you would be better off charging a higher price for more updates.

I would simply like to pay $65 for the software with a year included (instead of $45). Can this be arranged. Thank you @ArrowSuites
After you purchase the software, you can buy as many six month increments as you want via the member's area. We've been internally deciding if the six months should be extended to one year for a while now. The main reason we haven't changed it is because it would require a large amount of time to update the code and information online. We'll get around to it eventually.

After you purchase the software, you can buy as many six month increments as you want via the member's area. We've been internally deciding if the six months should be extended to one year for a while now. The main reason we haven't changed it is because it would require a large amount of time to update the code and information online. We'll get around to it eventually.

No problem, that sounds great to me thank you so much. I may or may not purchase an extra 6 months. I probably will. I plan to buy this on friday.

Please open a support ticket at https://www.arrowchat.com/support/contact/ and we'll be happy to fix your issue. You never have to pay for technical support if it is something wrong with our software. Also, user group permissions are included with ArrowChat. You can manage them in the ArrowChat admin panel under Users > Group Permissions.

Now is this configured within the xenforo admin panel? It seems the way you worded that is that you have to use a separate admin panel for this. Either way is fine with me I'm just wondering. When he said that I had assumed he didn't set his usergroup permissions. But it seems you do that on a separate control panel from the way you explained it. Let me know. Also one last question. Can you video chat with this? Or does it require an upgraded package. I currently am just wondering if this is included in the $45 add-on as personally that's the only one I plan to purchase. If not it's alright I'm fine with ordinary chat.

Appreciate your help. I don't think the user above me did what he was supposed to do to set it up as I can't see how it wouldn't work if it was tested but if it doesn't work for me when I buy it I'll let you know.

No problem, that sounds great to me thank you so much. I may or may not purchase an extra 6 months. I probably will. I plan to buy this on friday.

Now is this configured within the xenforo admin panel? It seems the way you worded that is that you have to use a separate admin panel for this. Either way is fine with me I'm just wondering. When he said that I had assumed he didn't set his usergroup permissions. But it seems you do that on a separate control panel from the way you explained it. Let me know. Also one last question. Can you video chat with this? Or does it require an upgraded package. I currently am just wondering if this is included in the $45 add-on as personally that's the only one I plan to purchase. If not it's alright I'm fine with ordinary chat.

Appreciate your help. I don't think the user above me did what he was supposed to do to set it up as I can't see how it wouldn't work if it was tested but if it doesn't work for me when I buy it I'll let you know.

hello mate the arrowchat configuration is not configured within the xenforo admin panel it uses a different configuration panel
yoursite/arrowchat/admin

arrowchat Group Permissions
Users that are set to groups from your main site can have their ArrowChat permissions set there within the arrowchat admin panel at group permissions. need screenshots video etc just let me know i can do that for you!

video chat comes with the Kick Starter its nothing different than Premium premium only has mobile support and no arrowchat branding.

good luck with the purchase!

hello mate the arrowchat configuration is not configured within the xenforo admin panel it uses a different configuration panel
yoursite/arrowchat/admin

arrowchat Group Permissions
Users that are set to groups from your main site can have their ArrowChat permissions set there within the arrowchat admin panel at group permissions. need screenshots video etc just let me know i can do that for you!

video chat comes with the Kick Starter its nothing different than Premium premium only has mobile support and no arrowchat branding.

good luck with the purchase!

Yeah I just bought it just now. Waiting to hear back via email.

@ArrowSuites I sent you a PM with the information I used to pay. It's been 1 1/2 hours and still no email with the login details to download. I'd like to purchase that 6 month update extension too so I find it odd it's taking so long. You could lose valuable sale opportunities with a system that takes so long. Anyways please speed up the process if I haven't received the logins by the time you get this. Thank you.

Last edited:
Just an update to anyone who saw that. I did not receive the logins when paying but @ArrowSuites was nice enough to respond to my private message and let me know that the account was already activated and I could get the logins by using the "forgot password" method. That worked for me and I now have the software. I purchased 6 more months of updates to total 1 year just now. If anyone has that problem just use the forgot password method.

Anyways thanks for messaging me back @ArrowSuites. It seems like a very professional product and I'm glad I purchased it. But you might want to get the login email fixed.

Just an update to anyone who saw that. I did not receive the logins when paying but @ArrowSuites was nice enough to respond to my private message and let me know that the account was already activated and I could get the logins by using the "forgot password" method. That worked for me and I now have the software. I purchased 6 more months of updates to total 1 year just now. If anyone has that problem just use the forgot password method.

Anyways thanks for messaging me back @ArrowSuites. It seems like a very professional product and I'm glad I purchased it. But you might want to get the login email fixed.
We've been dealing with email servers marking our emails as spam for years (or deleting them altogether). Tried a lot of things, but nothing has worked so far, definitely open to suggestions on this...

We've been dealing with email servers marking our emails as spam for years (or deleting them altogether). Tried a lot of things, but nothing has worked so far, definitely open to suggestions on this...

Have you tried setting up RDNS or reverse DNS? It's a method my host used to setup for me and I haven't tested it as my registration system is open and doesn't require email confirmation for now as I plan to set that once we get going, however try setting that up because keeping emails from going to spam is what that was meant for. RDNS was meant to keep your emails from going to spam.

Anyways I checked the spam folder. Not sure if this happened since I logged paypal when paying with my secondary email and not primary but yes you should definitely install RDNS. There's a number of tutorials you can look up to see how to do it. It's per domain and not per account though so keep that in mind.

Anyways great job on this add-on. It must have required a tremendous amount of custom jquery and php work that I can't even begin to comprehend. The amount of files was in the 3000's. I had no problem setting this up. The poster above must have not done it right or not placed the correct code in the head of page container and before the closing body tag but I installed it and its working on my site now and is live for logged in members only and works perfect without any issue whatsoever. I'm very glad I bought it.

Thanks for your help @ArrowSuites

Have you tried setting up RDNS or reverse DNS? It's a method my host used to setup for me and I haven't tested it as my registration system is open and doesn't require email confirmation for now as I plan to set that once we get going, however try setting that up because keeping emails from going to spam is what that was meant for. RDNS was meant to keep your emails from going to spam.

Anyways I checked the spam folder. Not sure if this happened since I logged paypal when paying with my secondary email and not primary but yes you should definitely install RDNS. There's a number of tutorials you can look up to see how to do it. It's per domain and not per account though so keep that in mind.

Anyways great job on this add-on. It must have required a tremendous amount of custom jquery and php work that I can't even begin to comprehend. The amount of files was in the 3000's. I had no problem setting this up. The poster above must have not done it right or not placed the correct code in the head of page container and before the closing body tag but I installed it and its working on my site now and is live for logged in members only and works perfect without any issue whatsoever. I'm very glad I bought it.

Thanks for your help @ArrowSuites
Yes, RDNS is all set up. We've tried just about every guide on the internet to fix it. Right now, we're using SendGrid to deliver emails but it hasn't helped much.

Glad to hear it's working well for you so far :)

@ArrowSuites I have been using arrowchat for a few years now and with xenforo 1.xx I had no issues
but with 2.xx I do have some issues, like when I install the HD Theme pack and choose whatever theme I would like (orange)
the bar is not changing color at all same goes for facebook style full, when I pick any color it is not changing at all
any idea on this?

regards
Marcel

Top Bottom