ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat

ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat v4.1.1

No permission to download
That's debatable. I didn't think the price was steep (I actually went for the branding free version which costs more). Price is currently $45 for the branded version.

Yes, the updates are for 6 months. Some XenForo developers also do this, others do yearly. It's essentially the same model as XenForo though - buy once, it's then up to you if you want to pay the renewal or not and, if you do, when you do it.

Yes, users show up in chat rooms and in private chat with their forum user name. Any messages they have typed have their avatar next to them and in chat rooms their name and avatar appear in the user list.

This is pretty much broken down on this page:

https://www.arrowchat.com/purchase/

Hover over the underlined editions and it tells you the differences.
@Martok - will you be updating to 2.0? Curious to see if its better then the last version.

@Martok - will you be updating to 2.0? Curious to see if its better then the last version.
Yes, though as it's only been released and it's the holiday period I'll probably wait until the new year.

You can now be in multiple chat rooms with the new version, all Flash has been removed and replaced with HTML, plus numerous other changes and improvements. Take a look at the changelog. So yes, it will be worth upgrading.

(Same Bug ticket at arrowchat.com) I've got a bug only on third party style UI.X (on xf default style no issue) Arrowchat 2.0 fresh installation on xenforo when I implement:
Code:
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.12.1/jquery-ui.min.js"></script>

after the needed css line and before </head>, then in a thread the forumpost checkboxes can't be selected anymore - like forum moderators normally can select multiple forumposts in a thread for moderating (i.e. moving posts into other thread).

I didn't implement following line, because xf has already jquery 1.11.0 loaded before in <head>:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

2 other issues:
- profile page looks little bit wrong, all profile pages tabs contents are shown all together on first page of a profile page.
- on forum homepage in the sidebar with newest profile messages, the "..." textlinkbutton doesn't work and when hovering on it the chatbar or browserwindow gets a horizontal scrollbar.

Arrowchat works on desktop even without jqueryui, but buggy on mobile (tested on Android Chrome). with jqueryui, all works fine on mobile. So I need the file for mobile, but I had to remove the jqueryui.js due to xf complications.

Anyone has the same issue with uix? How to fix? Probably UI.X style devs @Audentio @Mike Creuzer can help?

Last edited:
@Kerby Definitely use our full header/footer code and see if the problems still exist as I can't comment on whether third party jQuery compilations will work. The ArrowChat jQuery won't load anyway if it has already been loaded.

@ArrowSuites Thank you, the issue was probably that I linked the jquery file from google library with same filename with Xenforo Default Jquery file, so it interfers. Now it works, when i use the standard file packed in arrowchat/include path, because it has different filenames.

@ArrowSuites can you explain what the push service is please and what it does exactly?

EDIT: I found the page that explains it.

Any XenForo owners out there who use this, do you find you need the push service or not?

Also, my site is SSL enabled, does that mean I need the $295 package? :cry:

Last edited:
Any XenForo owners out there who use this, do you find you need the push service or not?
You an try it first without and if you see you need it, you need it ;) If you have shared hosting you probably need it. if you have VPS or dedicated root server, then you don't need it.

I've got a vps, but still curious to hear about first hand experience.

The push page explains that without it, the system works with a 3 second polling. It sounds like this will be more of a deciding factor than pure server juice.

You could have a small number of users and messages being sent, but if they need to be truly instant for the best chat experience, perhaps push is necessary.

More worried that it will cost $300 to test as I have ssl on my site...like nearly every site these days, what with the unsecure browser notifications being pushed out to encourage webmasters to switch

Tried the demo, want to see what it's like an a regular XF install, see how it works with XF users, avatars etc.

I'll talk to them direct too :)

just installed, everything seemed to go okay but the chat is now showing up on my site. I added it in the header and footer codes

Top Bottom