ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat

ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat v4.1.1

No permission to download
yes at the very least, we seem to suffer mobile recognition issue by 7.3....but also even running 7.2, on our build, we have this ghost notification sound which is not ok and temping us to leave....really it can come to the support some u know.....when u report an issue, are ignored, then it persists several months afterwards, usually thats a signal to abandon dev u know.....

yes at the very least, we seem to suffer mobile recognition issue by 7.3....but also even running 7.2, on our build, we have this ghost notification sound which is not ok and temping us to leave....really it can come to the support some u know.....when u report an issue, are ignored, then it persists several months afterwards, usually thats a signal to abandon dev u know.....
This isn't an issue with PHP 7.3 but an issue in general. We are aware and fixing.

In preparation for a new feature coming soon, we have made the following changes to software update times:

Old
Business Licenses: 1 Year
Premium Licenses: 6 Months
Kick Starter Licenses: 6 Months

New
Business Licenses: Unlimited
Premium Licenses: 1 Year
Kick Starter Licenses: 1 Year

This change is effective immediately and is retroactive for anyone that had an active license.

im still wondering and waiting if/when the multi functionality bugs will be fixed hmm....was getting replies for a minute but got all quiet again....

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

ArrowSuites updated ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat with a new update entry:

Version 4.0 beta is now available!

It's our biggest update in two years with a focus on redesigning the front-end UI.

A Modern User Interface
  • Combining Features
    Rather than clutter up the user's screen with multiple tabs, we've combined chat rooms, notifications, and moderation into one tab.

• Streamlined Chat Rooms
    The chat room windows now look like the user windows. This provides a more friendly user interface and allows for easy group chat integration in the future.

• Chat Tabs...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@ArrowSuites any chance of a discount for a version that has mobile support? Reading through here it seems a lot of users experienced a lot of issues and we don't have a lot of confidence investing $195 to get the desired functionality.

@ArrowSuites any chance of a discount for a version that has mobile support? Reading through here it seems a lot of users experienced a lot of issues and we don't have a lot of confidence investing $195 to get the desired functionality.
We don’t have any discounts right now, but you can just download and install the free version to see if you like it.

I purchased, so far everything works as intended.

Spoke to soon it would seem.

@ArrowSuites

When disallowing certain usergroups from being able to access a chat room, if a user has 1 of those usergroups as as secondary, it also stops them accessing the chat room.

E.G All members of my site have the default usergroup "Member" however only some members have the secondary usergroup "Exclusive" when disallowing "members" to see the "exclusive" chat room in ArrowChat the members with the "exclusive" secondary group are also unable to see the chat room.

It would seem that this means the chat would require people to be in specific Primary usergroups which goes completely against the fundamentals of how the Xenforo permission system works, please can you fix this? If not, please could I get a full refund?

Last edited:
I purchased, so far everything works as intended.

Spoke to soon it would seem.

@ArrowSuites

When disallowing certain usergroups from being able to access a chat room, if a user has 1 of those usergroups as as secondary, it also stops them accessing the chat room.

E.G All members of my site have the default usergroup "Member" however only some members have the secondary usergroup "Exclusive" when disallowing "members" to see the "exclusive" chat room in ArrowChat the members with the "exclusive" secondary group are also unable to see the chat because.

It would seem that this means the chat would require people to be in specific Primary usergroups which goes completely against the fundamentals of how the Xenforo permission system works, please can you fix this? If not, please could I get a full refund?
Yes, XenForo allows multiple user groups, so we implemented a setting to help with that. In your ArrowChat admin panel, go to Users > Group Permissions and enable "Switch from Disable to Enable."

It's important to understand that every feature will be disabled when you do this. You have to go into each user group and enable all features that you want them to have. With this enabled, you'd allow the "exclusive" group to chat instead of disallowing the "member" group.

Yes, XenForo allows multiple user groups, so we implemented a setting to help with that. In your ArrowChat admin panel, go to Users > Group Permissions and enable "Switch from Disable to Enable."

It's important to understand that every feature will be disabled when you do this. You have to go into each user group and enable all features that you want them to have. With this enabled, you'd allow the "exclusive" group to chat instead of disallowing the "member" group.
Everything so far works great.

Only issue I've now came across is that if you have the chat set to popup in the same window on mobile there is no way to minimise the chat window and there doesn't seem to be a a way to enable persistance chat history in rooms?

Last edited:
Everything so far works great.

Only issue I've now came across is that if you have the chat set to popup in the same window on mobile there is no way to minimise the chat window and there doesn't seem to be a a way to enable persistance chat history in rooms?
I've had this reported a few times in the past, and I finally just had someone share all the necessary information we need to reproduce and fix the issue. 😀 I believe it might have to do with what doctype your page is using, because we had some ill-formatted HTML.

It's fixed in the v4.0.1 update releasing soon. For now, you can open up your /arrowchat/includes/js/arrowchat_mobile.js file and FIND:

HTML:
<iframe src="'+c_ac_path+'public/mobile/'+chatWithAPI+'" />

REPLACE WITH:

HTML:
<iframe src="'+c_ac_path+'public/mobile/'+chatWithAPI+'"></iframe>

You will need to refresh the browser cache to see the changes.

The chat room history length can be changed in the admin panel > Manage > Chat Rooms > Chat Room History Length.

I've had this reported a few times in the past, and I finally just had someone share all the necessary information we need to reproduce and fix the issue. 😀 I believe it might have to do with what doctype your page is using, because we had some ill-formatted HTML.

It's fixed in the v4.0.1 update releasing soon. For now, you can open up your /arrowchat/includes/js/arrowchat_mobile.js file and FIND:

HTML:
<iframe src="'+c_ac_path+'public/mobile/'+chatWithAPI+'" />

REPLACE WITH:

HTML:
<iframe src="'+c_ac_path+'public/mobile/'+chatWithAPI+'"></iframe>

You will need to refresh the browser cache to see the changes.

The chat room history length can be changed in the admin panel > Manage > Chat Rooms > Chat Room History Length.
Awesome! And regarding chat history in rooms? Anyway to make it persietsnt or show the last X amount of messages?

Top Bottom