1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are these features available?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by GleekUK, Jan 10, 2015.

1. GleekUK

GleekUK Member

I'm running a forum on MyBB, but I am really considering switching to XenForo. But first I need to know if I can do the following:
    • First of all transfer to XenForo with all the same posts, categories, members, profile information, private messages, etc...
    • Colour individual usernames without having to add them to a group (members requesting it)
    That's all I can think of at the moment. I will get back again if I remember something. :)
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. GleekUK

GleekUK Member

Can reputation not be imported?
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

It should be converted to likes.
  5. Brogan

There is no reputation in XenForo so it can't be imported other than as likes.
  6. GleekUK

GleekUK Member

Thank you very much, such speedy replies! It really says a lot about the community here. :)

I am perfectly fine with it coming in as likes.
  7. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

You can use my addon to let user choose their own colour.
  8. GleekUK

GleekUK Member

I am currently using NewPoints for MyBB, and I would like to switch to this Credits System for XenForo.

In MyBB NewPoints adds a column to the users table in MySQL called "newpoints". Does the Credits system have the same functionality? Would I be able to run a query that copies all the user points over to the Credits System?

As well as that, I have a performance question. I am currently with BlueHost, is the performance of XenForo good with them?

9. Brogan

You will need to contact the developer of that add-on to see if it would be possible to import the points.

Performance will be dependent on the server specification and configuration.
    In general, XenForo works fine on shared hosting but if the host oversells then any site hosted on it is going to be affected.
  10. GleekUK

GleekUK Member

I just have a couple more questions.
    1) Will my groups & users in the groups be imported? I didn't see it in the list.
    2) If so, is username styling kept? Its okay if its not, I can easily re - do that.
  11. Brogan

Yes, members and user groups will be imported.

You will need to set up any user group styling as an additional step.
  12. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

There is a reputation add-on available here and the developer can help you with importing vB rep (not free).
  13. GleekUK

GleekUK Member

This should be the last question I have.

I'm currently using a Facebook login plugin with MyBB. I only have one user using it, but I wouldn't want to disrupt his experience. I assume his account would just be converted as a regular account and he will lose the ability to sign in using Facebook. Anyway around this?
  14. Brogan

XenForo has the ability to register and log in via Facebook, Twitter, and Google.

An account is created in XenForo when doing so though.
  15. GleekUK

GleekUK Member

Yeah, that's great, but I mean, is there no way of retaining the link between user accounts and facebook accounts that is there already? If my user was to try sign in with Facebook again, would that not result in a new account after the change to Xen?
  16. Brogan

Members can associate existing accounts with Facebook, etc, from their profile page.

Try it for yourself: https://xenforo.com/community/account/external-accounts

It doesn't create a new account, it just sets up the association and then the ability to log in via those external accounts is available.
  17. GleekUK

GleekUK Member

Ah okay, you see in MyBB the plugin creates an account for the user when they use the FB login. So I could just ask them to log on normally once and get them to re - associate their FB account, allowing them to sign on with FB in the future?

Just to make sure I understand clearly.
  18. Brogan

Yes, that's correct.
  19. GleekUK

GleekUK Member

What on earth happened? Anyway back to using my old username? Facebook integration changed it all on me.
  20. Brogan

These are two separate accounts, registered separately.

I will merge them both into the oldest one.