Are these features available?

GleekUK

Hey!

I'm running a forum on MyBB, but I am really considering switching to XenForo. But first I need to know if I can do the following:
  • First of all transfer to XenForo with all the same posts, categories, members, profile information, private messages, etc...
  • Colour individual usernames without having to add them to a group (members requesting it)
That's all I can think of at the moment. I will get back again if I remember something. :)

I am currently using NewPoints for MyBB, and I would like to switch to this Credits System for XenForo.

In MyBB NewPoints adds a column to the users table in MySQL called "newpoints". Does the Credits system have the same functionality? Would I be able to run a query that copies all the user points over to the Credits System?

As well as that, I have a performance question. I am currently with BlueHost, is the performance of XenForo good with them?

You will need to contact the developer of that add-on to see if it would be possible to import the points.

Performance will be dependent on the server specification and configuration.
In general, XenForo works fine on shared hosting but if the host oversells then any site hosted on it is going to be affected.

I just have a couple more questions.
1) Will my groups & users in the groups be imported? I didn't see it in the list.
2) If so, is username styling kept? Its okay if its not, I can easily re - do that.

This should be the last question I have.

I'm currently using a Facebook login plugin with MyBB. I only have one user using it, but I wouldn't want to disrupt his experience. I assume his account would just be converted as a regular account and he will lose the ability to sign in using Facebook. Anyway around this?

Yeah, that's great, but I mean, is there no way of retaining the link between user accounts and facebook accounts that is there already? If my user was to try sign in with Facebook again, would that not result in a new account after the change to Xen?

Ah okay, you see in MyBB the plugin creates an account for the user when they use the FB login. So I could just ask them to log on normally once and get them to re - associate their FB account, allowing them to sign on with FB in the future?

Just to make sure I understand clearly.

Top Bottom