/arcade = works | /arcade.php = NOPE

ChemicalKicks

Try it yourself.

Going to www.the-sps.org/arcade will take you to the arcade but add.php on the end and it's a no show, not even a 404.

Also of interest are the 404 and when they chose to work,

www.the-sps.org/doesntwork
www.the-sps.org/doesntwork.php

As soon as the .php extension is there the nginx just says NOPE.

Has to the the nginx vhost but what?

NOTE.

If you've stumbled across this thread for a fix to the described problem just go ahead and use the suggest nginx conf that can be found in the xf help pages it incorporates the changes suggested in this thread. :)

does /arcade/arcade.php work ?
You think like me, tried that and no it didn't work.
is the file called arcade.php or is it xfarcade.php ? or ...
heh well....... there isn't an arcade.php in the web root. Here's what Kevin had to say on it
Kevin said:
ChemicalKicks' problem is that his site with nginx is not properly handling trying to use "arcade.php" when saving the scores. For example, you should be able to go to http://{yoursite}/arcade *and* http://{yoursite}/arcade.php and see the same thing, the arcade index page. Right now on his site /arcade shows the arcade index but /arcade.php shows a blank page. The showing of the blank page means that the direction to arcade.php is not getting handled by XF so games that submit scores to arcade.php won't work. IPB games will likely work since on his site /index.php is properly loading the default XF index page. Prior his site using Apache and the XF .htaccess file was working fine but now the corresponding nginx rewrite rules need to be added as well.
Now I'm using the rules suggested by XenForo Help as per here but now joy.

For NginX:

Code:
location /path-to-forum/ {
  try_files $uri $uri/ $uri.php;
}

Backup first before adding code. Just to be safe.
Thanks for your suggestion, I tried that, cleared the cache and restarted php and nginx. When I attempted to access my main url I got a 403 error.

This is what I have at the moment, I hope it helps.

Code:
location / {
    try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$uri&$args;
    index index.php index.html;
}

Try this:

Code:
    try_files $uri $uri/ $uri.php?$uri&args;
}

I believe that would work, since I ran that successfully on my server, and of course, restart the NginX service.

Try this:

Code:
    try_files $uri $uri/ $uri.php?$uri&args;
}

I believe that would work, since I ran that successfully on my server, and of course, restart the NginX service.
Hey Liam,

Thanks, I tried that in my conf.

It resulted in /arcade.php throwing up a 404. Bummer.

Top Bottom