1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arcade Alternatives

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DRE, Sep 28, 2011.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I got tired of waiting for an arcade so I embedded some arcade games on xenforo pages using iframes. You can see it in action here: www.blackgamer.net/arcade The zynga games scores are saved through facebook but the top 20 flash games feed below are not saved at all. I also installed MyArcadePlugin Lite which I have not used yet. The free version allows me to import swf game files and create a feed for mochi games. I will be doing that later but looking for flash games pertaining to the subject of the site.

Members who want to save their scores will be able to after I buy the pro version. Mochi and ibproarcade gamescores are saved under their wordpress account which is also the same as their forum account due to the site having wordpress/xenforo integration. All members scores can be saved and displayed on a xenforo page along with tournaments. Games can be seperated into categories pages, posts and threads on both main site or forum and can be automatically added with feeds.

I can design the layout pretty much how I want within wordpress and xenforo pages. While the upcoming arcade plugin is way more convenient, a wordpress/xenforo integrated arcade is way more flexible for attracting main site guests. Has anyone else set a non-xenforo arcade add-on their xenforo pages yet?

2. ChemicalKicks

ChemicalKicks Well-Known Member

I had a vbulletin installation locked down so that only the arcade could be accessed. Now im using xfarcade.

3. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

Well, the Arcade is soon in public beta. Check out xfarcade.com

pipedreams, Veer and Alien like this.
  4. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

5. Pope Viper

Pope Viper Well-Known Member

Who do I blow to get access to an XF arcade for testing? :p

Brandon Sheley likes this.
  6. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

I threw money at them until they let me in the door. I call it the "Ugly guy at a club" syndrome.

otto, Brandon Sheley, Veer and 4 others like this.
  7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I donated for xfArcade but haven't heard back from Steve at all. While I'm waiting I've been working on MyArcadePlugin. Trying to get it so that their FunGames theme only shows up on the pages I need it to show up on. I've found some good plugins for using themes for different pages. Just need to customize it some more. I might end up using this same concept for NextGEN Gallery for Wordpress since there isn't any free XF galleries that will allow you to rate photos.

8. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

How long ago? If it was today he may not even be aware of it (typically as soon as he gets a donation he gives me a heads-up so that I can change the users account).

9. Mythotical

Mythotical Well-Known Member

You account has been promoted on xfarcade.com or at least should be. Kevin check your PC on XFA for his name.

The8thLegion likes this.
  10. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Yep, was done last night... didn't even realize at first glance the last PC you sent was for his account. :)

11. Pope Viper

Where and how much do I donate

12. M@rc

M@rc Well-Known Member

13. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Please see this post over at XFA. You can work out the details with Steve. In a nutshell... Steve is hard at work on XFA 1.0.0 and the private betas are being made available in appreciation to those who donate to Steve for his time & effort.

EDIT: Ninja'ed by M@rc! [​IMG]

14. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Oh okay thanks man I'll check it out!

15. Pope Viper

Donation made, can't wait to see it!

16. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

OH MY GOD this wordpress arcade plugin is a real pain-in-the-ass. Incompatible with certain themes, plugins or plugins with a theme and then there are themes that are incompatible with plugins that the arcade needs to look even more super awesome. I must really like challenges.

17. Mark.B

Mark.B Well-Known Member

Just want to say to Steve and Kevin, superb job on that arcade, I've seen it in action on CK's site and it's looking awesome!

I can see BC Forums being on XenForo within 12 months now.

Pope Viper, ChemicalKicks and M@rc like this.
  18. Pope Viper

That's awesome Mark.

19. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

The credit goes to Steve! He has been hard at work on it. I am more of just a guiding force. :D

20. Pope Viper

This is the last piece of the puzzle for me.