1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Applying newly purchased branding removal to existing forum

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by ForestForTrees, Apr 16, 2012.

1. ForestForTrees

ForestForTrees Well-Known Member

Hello.

I just purchased branding removal. Does anyone know how I apply it to my existing forum with a minimum of disruption to my visitors?

Thank you.

Brandon Sheley likes this.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Search Phrases

Search for "Forum software by XenForo". Edit the matching phrase and remove the copyright.

diego222 and ForestForTrees like this.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Note that the next time you upgrade, the copyright will automatically be removed.

ForestForTrees likes this.
  4. ForestForTrees

ForestForTrees Well-Known Member

That worked perfectly. Many thanks!

5. Vicki

Vicki Active Member

Purchased branding removal for our license, but still seeing "Forum software by XenForo" on the directed page if I click on the "RSS" button located at the bottom right corner of the forums home.

I just tried Jake's method in post #2, it couldn't find the phrase in Search Phrases. What else can I do?

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You see the copyright on the RSS page?

7. Vicki

Vicki Active Member

yes, I see "Forum software by XenForo" on the RSS page once I clicked the "RSS" button located at the bottom right corner of the forums home.

8. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Check to see if you've updated your site description. :)

ACP => Home => Options => Basic Board Information => Board Meta Description

Brandon Sheley and Vicki like this.
  9. Vicki

Vicki Active Member

I just did an update to the Board Meta Description, and it works now. Thank you, Kevin!