Apache -> Nginx rewrite assistance request

Coop1979

To make a long story short, I have an osCommerce installation that has been running on an Apache server for years using osCommerce's "Search Engine Friendly links" so that the links look like product_info.php/products_id/26 instead of product_info.php?products_id=26.

Well, now I've moved to an Nginx server with PHP5 and the Search Engine Friendly links just won't work for me now. BUT I have links all across the web pointing to my shop using the "friendly" links, so I have to figure out a way to redirect any url that is like this:
Code:
product_info.php/products_id/26
into this
Code:
product_info.php?products_id=26
and
Code:
index.php/cPath/19
into
Code:
index.php?cPath=19
and
Code:
product_info.php/cPath/19/products_id/207
into
Code:
 product_info.php?cPath=19&products_id=207

Anyone good with Nginx rewrite rules, or who knows how to make the osCommerce built-in SEO urls work with Nginx? The osCommerce urls don't require any htaccess rewrite rules; it looks like it's all taken care of using PHP code.

I appreciate the link, but there weren't any htaccess rewrite rules to begin with. I think it was all done in this php code:

PHP:
// set the HTTP GET parameters manually if search_engine_friendly_urls is enabled
  if (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS == 'true') {
    if (strlen(getenv('PATH_INFO')) > 1) {
      $GET_array = array();
      $PHP_SELF = str_replace(getenv('PATH_INFO'), '', $PHP_SELF);
      $vars = explode('/', substr(getenv('PATH_INFO'), 1));
      for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($vars); $i<$n; $i++) {
        if (strpos($vars[$i], '[]')) {
          $GET_array[substr($vars[$i], 0, -2)][] = $vars[$i+1];
        } else {
          $HTTP_GET_VARS[$vars[$i]] = $vars[$i+1];
        }
        $i++;
      }

if (sizeof($GET_array) > 0) {
        while (list($key, $value) = each($GET_array)) {
          $HTTP_GET_VARS[$key] = $value;
        }
      }
    }
  }

From your 1st post, you never said that it was the actual php that was generating things. That will be hard.... I actually suck at getting nginx to play nice with seo friendly links. Sorry. Hopefully someone will know better than myself.

Top Bottom