1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone use Lumosity?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shamil, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Hi there,

Lumosity is a website designed to help you improve your cognitive abilities and skills. Apparently, it can assist you by providing brain training exercises, especially in areas of: speed, memory, attention, flexibility and problem solving.

I've recently signed up, and I seem to be addicted to it :(. These are my results so far:

Is anyone here using Lumosity to help boost their brains, and what do you think of it?

I have a coupon for 50% off, if anyone would like to use it - though I suggest you try the trial first.

Darkimmortal likes this.
  2. Xarcell

Xarcell Well-Known Member

Kinda of a late reply, but I use it and love it.

However, I'm doing worse instead of better. My BPI's are going down. I don't know if it's due to stress or what. Are you seeing any improvements?
    Shamil likes this.
  3. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Well, my memory is better, my overall BPI is up in the 1ks, and I started in the 800s, so I assume that's a good thing?
  4. Xarcell

Xarcell Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good thing. I started in 300's then went to 900's, and the past week have fallen to 600's. doing nothing but basic training. I seem to lack the ability to focus, my mind starts wondering. Any advice you can give?
  5. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Don't play it for long periods of times, especially when you are stressed

Try playing in the evening and the mornings

Start from the lower levels again, and work your way up, is what I can say.
  6. ChemicalKicks

ChemicalKicks Well-Known Member

The research doesn't really back any benefit real world besides making you better at completing the actual brain training tasks or is this different from brain training games in it's approach.

Shamil likes this.
  7. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

yeah another gaming site claiming is educational maybe for kids :p
    bird picture with words and cube memory c'mon guys :D

aside from jokes, i really failed in all games. maybe because i am in rush right now :unsure:(n)