• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Anyone ever use Dreamhost?

Rambro

I'm thinking of switching over to them for my dead forum. How's their custom c-Panel-esque interface? Support good?

WSWD

Dreamhost is one of the usual EIG suspects. If you don't know EIG, they're known for buying up hosts and running them into the ground.

Their cPanel-esque interface also makes things very difficult to transfer away should you ever want to.

Martok

Dreamhost is one of the usual EIG suspects. If you don't know EIG, they're known for buying up hosts and running them into the ground.
I don't think they are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group

Their cPanel-esque interface also makes things very difficult to transfer away should you ever want to.
I can't comment on how difficult or not this is. Have you been experienced this?

I use DreamHost. They are OK. When they work, all is fine and their support is generally quite good. I have had hosting issues from time to time but on the whole they have been fine. They are a budget host, just like many others who are charging that sort of price for hosting, so don't expect the fastest hosting experience compared to a more expensive host that offers VPS.

WSWD

No, they aren't part of EIG...I stand corrected.

Have had experiencing with transferring. Have a lot of clients who we have transferred over from DH. Everything has to be done manually, which is a little bit of a pain. If something were to happen to your account, you couldn't take your own backup and move to a different host, for example. Where with cPanel, you just take your own backup and move around whenever you want very easily.