1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else having problems with facebook integration?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by -GR-, Oct 7, 2010.

1. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

I don't think it is xf but I can't get facebook integrated. I have xf in the root directory of the domain. I already setup the new application and copied the proper codes into xf.

Problem is facebook doesn't give you any details about the error.

2. Kuma

Kuma Active Member

What errors if any are you getting?

3. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

When I go to my user drop down menu and click on facebook integration and then get to the next page to click the associate with facebook button it goes to connect with facebook and then bounces me back to Xenforo saying: An error occurred while connecting with Facebook. Please try again later.

4. Kuma

Kuma Active Member

Does your server have cURL with SSL or SSL compiled directly into php?

5. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

I would have to check as I am not sure without a phpinfo file. My host is hostgator. I am pretty sure I got the integration to work with vb4 on my server.

6. Kuma

Kuma Active Member

Still a good idea to check, the site is not behind htaccess or anthing is it?

7. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

It is an addon domain from the original hosted domain. So it is /home/nutndun/public_html/main stie/xenforo site/

The main site is running vb4 with vbseo.

8. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

The weird thing is on the facebook developer application page for that application it shows one user which should be me.

9. Kuma

Kuma Active Member

Do you have any server access logs you can review, and or error logs?

10. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

I think I have access to the logs. I am on a shared hosting account right now but will be switching to vps in the next two weeks.

11. Richard

Richard Member

I'm getting same issue; I have looked at the error logs and nothing is there relating to this.

It initially brought up the facebook 'authorisation' page; but after approving the connection I get the error above. This then occurs everytime I choose Logon with Facebook

Any ideas?

12. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

Can anyone provide how to facebook integrate from Facebook side. I am so confused and I didn't do it right.