Anonymous section [Deleted]

Luke F

Darkimmortal submitted a new resource:

Anonymous section (version 0.0.1) - Does what it says on the tin

Description:

This addon allows you to set a node of your forum to be anonymous in one of two ways - either complete anonymity (e.g. old 4chan) or unique user id per thread (current 4chan). In either case user 'names' are generated by a simple hashing algorithm that tries to create pronounceable names - gets some interesting results :P

Please note that the design of this addon involves no database changes and instead does its magic at runtime. For...

Read more about this resource...

Did he have a head before?
And are you making your forum anonymous now?
Seriously? o_O

Socially Uncensored is an uncensored community that allows everyone the freedom to fully express themselves without any censorship. Our site logo as always been the logo of Anonymous, since the founding of it on September 7, 2010. We do indeed support Anonymous.

But I don't expect you to know that all... What I find surprising it that you've never noticed the logo in my sig all this time or maybe my original avatar. Or my sig which use to always say, Official Member of Anonymous. I only changed it last week.

I guess these things kind of flew by you, huh?

(No disrespect. Just finding it a little ironic.)

@Darkimmortal; awesome work man, but I have to ask is there a way we can/you could make it so we could add our own lists or something of unique usernames to assign users in threads?

I'd look into doing it myself but I am super ****ing lazy. Also I break **** more then I fix it

Excellent work Dark. I remember this add-on at vbulletin and nice of you to make it freely available. You are now forgiven after that (pink) hexvalue fiasco I pasted into photoshop. Seriously nice job and a big thanks :)

Are there any templates in this DI? This is screwing up my thread layout. I tested this with and without, and it is only with that it screws up the templates. This is just Flexile... which is pretty standard in the post department bar a few colour changes.

Screen Shot 2012-08-01 at 9.26.37 PM.webp

Actually Adam, your forum came to mind my first as to the possible uses of this. :P

Are there any templates in this DI? This is screwing up my thread layout. I tested this with and without, and it is only with that it screws up the templates. This is just Flexile... which is pretty standard in the post department bar a few colour changes.

View attachment 32360

Sorry there are actually some template edits that I totally forgot about (to remove the userbits)

Added to the installation instructions

@Darkimmortal; awesome work man, but I have to ask is there a way we can/you could make it so we could add our own lists or something of unique usernames to assign users in threads?

I'd look into doing it myself but I am super ****ing lazy. Also I break **** more then I fix it

It's not easily possible as no database changes are made (at all) - the names themselves aren't stored anywhere but are generated predictably from a combination of thread/node/user/post id

Top Bottom