Announce When A Trophy Is Awarded [Deleted]

I like the idea behind this; is there a demo link where we can see some of the emails that have been generated?

I like the idea behind this; is there a demo link where we can see some of the emails that have been generated?
There aren't any emails from this add-on.

There are posts, and what they look like is entirely up to you. You tell it what to post.

There aren't any emails from this add-on.

There are posts, and what they look like is entirely up to you. You tell it what to post.
Sorry, I meant posts, not emails; I have a few different browser tabs open at the moment and crossed thoughts.

Link to your forum with the posts that are being generated then? I'd be curious to see if the users are reacting to them and, on busier sites, are the posts that generated meaningful or are coming in such fast & large volumes that they are overwhelming being able to follow them.

Sorry, I meant posts, not emails; I have a few different browser tabs open at the moment and crossed thoughts.

Link to your forum with the posts that are being generated then? I'd be curious to see if the users are reacting to them and, on busier sites, are the posts that generated meaningful or are coming in such fast & large volumes that they are overwhelming being able to follow them.
It is set up on my site to post an announcement when someone receives their first post trophy. But nobody has done that since it's been installed.

http://snogssite.com/forum

I WOULD NOT suggest everyone do that. Be selective about which trophies you want to announce. Otherwise the meaning of the post will be lost in a clutter of posts.

I may change when an announcement is posted if my site ever gets excessively active.

Also keep in mind that YOU select which trophies are announced. So, it's up to you how often a post is made. The lower the trophy requirements, the higher the number of posts. I'd use it to do 'milestone' posts on most sites, by only announcing the large requirement trophies.

Last edited:
I'd be curious to see if the users are reacting to them and, on busier sites, are the posts that generated meaningful or are coming in such fast & large volumes that they are overwhelming being able to follow them.

I have this system working on my VB site that post when a reputation level is reached and my members get a huge kick out of it. The Trophy system being much more configurable than the reputation system will add so much more to the system. This was the one feature I was lacking in my Trophies for when I go live from my VB site to XF in a few weeks. Nice work Snog thanks for doing this one.

The great thing about this one is you select what Trophies you want to post on. So for my site I would not have every one posting but more the more important ones that I would like highlighted when a member reaches that stage.

Snog updated Announce When A Trophy Is Awarded with a new update entry:

Announce Trophy Update 1.0.1

An update has been issued for the Announce When A Trophy Is Awarded add-on.

This update fixes or adds the following items:
  • Fix - Users not being notified if they are tagged in the announcement.
  • Add - Automatically disable announcement if 'Post in Existing Thread' is selected and the exisiting thread is deleted.
  • Add - Automatically disable announcement if 'Post New Thread' is selected and the forum that the announcement is to be posted in is deleted.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom