XF 1.1 animated avatars..

ArticWolf

is there an add-on that is needed to allow animated avatars for members..would like to have staff only use them..

You can't restrict it on a per usergroup basis, but you can enable animated avatars if your server supports it.

Go to Admin CP and search for: imagelibrary and then click "Default Image Proecssor".

You will need to select ImageMagick PECL Extension

But you can only do this if your server has the ImageMagick PECL Extension enabled. Your server admin or hosts will be able to tell you this.

Is ImageMagick PECL an Add-on that we need to install on our host server? I see the option in our Admin CP but cannot select this. We have a couple members that are inquiring about using Animated Avatars.

I d/l'd it to my PC and it has the .tgz extension. How would I install this if it's necessary?

Ty Jake, but tbh, that link and everything explained there seem very, er, mundane, and not how we'd normally install an Add-on in Xenforo. For a real noob like myself, it's very confusing.

It's already installed on our host, so we need to "activate it" on our Admin CP. The problem is, though it's listed there, it's not allowing us the option to choose it.

It's already installed on our host, so we need to "activate it" on our Admin CP. The problem is, though it's listed there, it's not allowing us the option to choose it.

That means it's not installed. XF will only let you select the ImageMagick library if you have the imagick PECL extension installed on the server. Review your PHP configuration, or contact your host or server person.

Ty Jake, but tbh, that link and everything explained there seem very, er, mundane, and not how we'd normally install an Add-on in Xenforo. For a real noob like myself, it's very confusing.

It's not a XF addon. It is an application you install on the web server itself.

Ah, ok. According to our host, it is already installed. However, we still do not have the option to select it in our XF ACP, even though it's there. Am I not doing something properly, like activating it or something?

*shrugs* sorry to be a PITA with this. Just trying to satisfy our members a bit more!

Ty again for your help with everything here! :D

Top Bottom