XF 1.5 An issue about Facebook integration

Greetings. I'm currently having an issue about FB integration into my forum.

Problem is;
When a user try to using FB to login / signup to my forum they got this error:
Code:
To associate with an existing account, you must first log into that account and then start the association via the external accounts area.

But when a user sign ups to my forum via regular way (by filling the register form) and associating their account with Facebook through account settings it's ok. No errors or any issues showing up.

What could be the source of this problem?

That message indicates that someone is trying to associate with an account while they're not logged into it. They should log into the account first.

They will only get that message if they are trying to use a Facebook account with an email that matches a forum user.

That message indicates that someone is trying to associate with an account while they're not logged into it. They should log into the account first.

They will only get that message if they are trying to use a Facebook account with an email that matches a forum user.
It's occuring during the signup via Facebook too. How can members login to their account without signing up :)

If the Facebook account's email address matches a forum account's, then they will get that message (and no option to register an account). The email overlap would indicate that they already have an account.

For reference, I just check this on your site and I was given the option to register a new account. The associate tab does show that, but that's expected -- you have to be logged in to associate an account -- and it's not the primary option for that page.

Top Bottom