• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Already Exists] SEO

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
No worries.

Can you expand on your suggestion related to SEO customistation and optimisation?
What is it you would like to see with regards to this?

masterchief

well.. as there are many others here, I am huge fan of vbSEO plugin for vB.. I have one license for that plugin. Cruising around the vbSEO forums you can easily see that there is no desire to port a version of vbSEO to work alongside XenForo.

Many people are looking for something like this for XenForo. I just feel it is coming eventually out of necessity. More XenForo customers as well...

If there was a simply guide with plenty of examples, I am sure that I could live without it. I am unfamiliar with editing the .htaccess for use with XenForo. SEO addon could probably get it done more effectively, less time, error checking, etc... I would prefer XenForo code base accomplish this if at all possible.

James

I don't think any SEO edits are planned because, in terms of SEO, the site is fine and fully optimised for a search engine.

masterchief

maybe so ... still if someone wants to customize they should be able to do so, right?

'/media/category/15' can be customized to '/media/category/soundtracks' as an example

or is there already a way to do that presently? I would like to be informed. peace.

James

You can do that, XenForo uses that now.

Set up full-friendly URLs and then you're done, assuming you didn't tick the checkbox to remove titles from URLs.

well.. as there are many others here, I am huge fan of vbSEO plugin for vB.. I have one license for that plugin. Cruising around the vbSEO forums you can easily see that there is no desire to port a version of vbSEO to work alongside XenForo.

Many people are looking for something like this for XenForo. I just feel it is coming eventually out of necessity. More XenForo customers as well...

If there was a simply guide with plenty of examples, I am sure that I could live without it. I am unfamiliar with editing the .htaccess for use with XenForo. SEO addon could probably get it done more effectively, less time, error checking, etc... I would prefer XenForo code base accomplish this if at all possible.
We don't need external add-ons for SEO. Amongst other things, hacks like vBSEO add bloat that we certainly do not need. The only thing you'll need that isn't out-of-the-box is a Sitemap, and that's more than covered in Jaxel's XenUtilities add-on.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenutiles-tools.9754/page-12#post-175526

masterchief

We don't need external add-ons for SEO. Amongst other things, hacks like vBSEO add bloat that we certainly do not need. The only thing you'll need that isn't out-of-the-box is a Sitemap, and that's more than covered in Jaxel's XenUtilities add-on.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenutiles-tools.9754/page-12#post-175526
I have that addon already and it is working great. James had just showed me the way to turn on 'include content title in URLs' ... I am good to go!

I have that addon already and it is working great. James had just showed me the way to turn on 'include content title in URLs' ... I am good to go!
Yeah. URL titles are good, I suppose, but that isn't really the most important thing when it comes to good SEO, so you're in good hands man.