Alphabetical pagination for XF and more [Deleted]

Is there a way for the threads to not be sorted alphabetically until the user chooses to sort them that way by clicking on a letter or other character? And then a way to have the threads sorted back to whatever the forum default is without having to do it through Thread Display Options at the bottom of the page? I want users to have the option of alphabetical sorting without it being stuck that way by default. Ideally, like I said, I'd like for the alphabetical pagination to only work when the user clicks a character to sort; and then maybe there could be a link or button next to the pagination titled "Default Sort Order" or something similar that would set things back to the original sort order. Or maybe a button/link option for both, to allow the user to turn the alphabetical pagination on and off.

I don't know how feasible this is, and even if it is possible it might be way beyond what you intended the addon to do and be too much work for the money, but I figure it can't hurt to ask. ;)

Thank you.

Is there a way for the threads to not be sorted alphabetically until the user chooses to sort them that way by clicking on a letter or other character?

Who is the problem? Thats clearly posible.
You can at every time filter by a letter or number and also you can cklick on "all" what bring you back the default thread Order.

upload_2016-10-17_19-54-54.webp

So - what is the problem? o_O

And - I think at this point your rezension is a litle bit hard or not fair for the addon developer. Or not? ;)

Who is the problem? Thats clearly posible.
You can at every time filter by a letter or number and also you can cklick on "all" what bring you back the default thread Order.

View attachment 142265

So - what is the problem? o_O

And - I think at this point your rezension is a litle bit hard or not fair for the addon developer. Or not? ;)
It's probably not clear from the post I made above, which is my fault, but it should be clear from reading my review. The problem is that what you suggest only works when NOT using the "Sort Results by title, username etc." option. But if you don't use that option, the threads are sorted by first letter - but not in strict alphabetical order. If your experience is different, please let me know, because then I'd have to look at my other addon's to see if there's some kind of conflict there. But I gave the dev. plenty of time to respond and he chose not to. ;)

Last edited:
Please verify that this addon allows you to sort the media WITHIN a category by title. We have a large reference library and would like to organize the contents of each category by title.

Top Bottom