Fixed Allow other people to see what page you are currently viewing

Grover

Hi,

I guess it's not qualified as a bug (so please move it to suggestions if that's better), but I just thought about this when I checked My Account:

The option 'Allow other people to see what page you are currently viewing' is part of the Preferences Screens. But since this about privacy, shouldn't this be placed under the... Privacy Screen?

Having said that, there is already an option there, with a description that is exactly the same:

----
Show your online status
This will allow other people to see what page you are currently viewing.
----

This description is a but confusing, because what is now the difference between 'Show your online status' and 'Allow other people to see what page you are currently viewing'?

So far my points,

This is partially as designed, partially fixed - the setting is the same. It's on multiple pages as people may mentally expected it in different places (it's actually in 3rd place too...)

I have made the wordings consistent though.

This is partially as designed, partially fixed - the setting is the same. It's on multiple pages as people may mentally expected it in different places (it's actually in 3rd place too...)

I have made the wordings consistent though.

Which words exactly Mike? Interesting to find out that it is in multiple pages and... that (logically then) putting a checkmark on 'Allow other people to see what page you are currently viewing' in the Preferences screen triggers the checkmark on 'Show your online status' in the Privacy Screen indeed :).

(I am however not so sure if putting it in 2 (3?) locations (under a different name, but all interconnected with eachother and doing the exact same thing) is quite so clear for endusers. But I might be wrong
wink.png
)

Top Bottom