1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug Alert System: something is strange with it

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by erich37, Sep 1, 2010.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I just received an Alert for a Thread which I actually never viewed before (see below the Alert message).

Why would I get an Alert for this thread ?

There is something strange going on with the Alerts-system......

Eriksrocks replied to the thread <script>alert('hello');</script>. There may be more posts after this.
  2. bookmark

bookmark Well-Known Member

Do you watched the thread <script>alert('hello');</script>?
    It seems that you watched this thread and the alert will be sent if any body reply.Please take a look the Watched Threads and Alert Preference
  3. bookmark

bookmark Well-Known Member

Open the thrad and check the red circle to see whether it's Watch thread or Unwatch thread.
  4. erich37

for the above mentioned, I have the following settings in my Profile:
    In "Preferences", I have this box checked: "Automatically watch threads when you reply."
    In "Alert Preferences", I have all boxes checked.

but on the other hand, I sometimes do not receive any alerts for threads which I have posted into.

the other thing which confuses me:
    when I go to "All Watched Threads", then it only shows 10 pages of Threads.
    I assume there should be more than 10 pages of Threads which I am watching. Is this being cut-off at 10 pages ?
  5. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you somehow started watching the thread. You can unwatch it by clicking the "Unwatch Thread" button. :)
  6. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

Although... I'll bet someone comes up with a Mod that gives people a random faux alert now and again, in case they wander off for awhile due to an alerts flatline.
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You have a post in that thread from August 22nd that you deleted. It may have been a merged thread, not sure.
  8. erich37

thanks for checking.