Alert on new threads

Stimo

Is there anyway to set it up so that all new threads (not just ones you have posted in) sends out an alert? As i find users really dont look for new threads and just reply once they get an alert on one they have posted in.

Actually it's not a bad question except yesterday I was thinking rather than an alert (balloon style) a simple text counter residing on the right hand side of the text "what's new" would be beneficial. just so you know how many new threads/posts are created. It would be quite useful imo.

I understand what you mean Stimo.

Ah, that might bring some attention to it Shelley.

Stimo, in the short term, you may want to change the color of the text to stand out from the other nav items. Maybe that would bring attention to it.

Maybe a plugin/template edit like this Photoshop i just made..

nt.png

Maybe a plugin/template edit like this Photoshop i just made..

nt.png

It's not bad but I still think a counter by what's new is the best solution. The moment your members see some numbers you'll get use from the what's new. Me personally? I use the what's new all the time it's one of the few navigation features I use alot and find very very useful. I think the introduction of a new post count would just make the what's new that little better and more appealing plus you could always change the "what's new" phrase to "New posts" or something similar.

Infact Jake is this possible to introduce a counter when new posts are posted on the the right hand side of the what's new? text? Apologies for hijacking your thread Stimo.

It's not bad but I still think a counter by what's new is the best solution. The moment your members see some numbers you'll get use from the what's new. Me personally? I use the what's new all the time it's one of the few navigation features I use alot and find very very useful. I think the introduction of a new post count would just make the what's new that little better and more appealing plus you could always change the "what's new" phrase to "New posts" or something similar.

Infact Jake is this possible to introduce a counter when new posts are posted on the the right hand side of the what's new? text? Apologies for hijacking your thread Stimo.
Don't worry :)

Top Bottom