[OzzModz] Gamer Profiles

[OzzModz] Gamer Profiles 3.0.0 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
That would be awesome. I would really love to get this updated to 2.2.0, this and a few other add-ons are holding me back now.

@Matt C. please let Ozzy take over this add-on so it can be upgraded to 2.2.0.

Not yet, I will be setting up a test bed this weekend for 2.2, i'll be cloning my site - https://www.revillution.net/forums a nd perofmring an upgrade to see what breaks and what works, etc. I assumed this needed updating based on previous posts by other members.
FWIW I had this installed on my site until earlier today, and it seemed to be working fine. I uninstalled it after I noticed it was no longer supported, and as stated above it left some fields behind. Annoying.

Last edited:
@Matt C. please help me fix this, your addon left fields behind and I tried to install it in order to disable said fields so they wouldn't show up on people's profiles and got this error:
1601857505312.webp

Thanks

Last edited:
What was the fix? I'd imagine I'd probably run into a similar issue?

In 2.2, there is a new column added to xf_user_field called wrapper_template. My add-on does not have that when bulk importing the fields. Because of that, you will run into an error installing the add-on. It will not work on 2.2.

I am considering upgrading the add-on for 2.2. There are some other factors at play. Some of the icons use SVG, when FontAwesome isn't available. I prefer to use FontAwesome, because it's default in XF. I want to find a better solution, but not sure.

If there are any issues with the current version (besides 2.2. incompatibility), or anything people want added, please respond to this thread.

My list:
Mixer is gone so needs to be removed (I removed it on my site manually, but the entries are still there, not sure if that'll cause an issue when updating)
Guilded.gg support should be added (It's like discord, but better)

I'm super glad to hear that you are considering updating this for 2.2, Matt. It's extra appreciated considering you don't have a forum of your own anymore. Thank you so much for everything

I just turned mine on after upgrading to Xenforo 2.2 not sure what I am looking for but seems to be fine. Not seeing any errors yet!

Here's the link to mine

I just turned mine on after upgrading to Xenforo 2.2 not sure what I am looking for but seems to be fine. Not seeing any errors yet!

Here's the link to mine

It's an issue when you first install the add-on . Since you already have it installed, it should work fine.

I have the new version up for beta testing. I had @DarkGizmo do some preliminary testing and he said everything works fine. I would like a few more people to test it out if they have a testing site available. Please do not do this on a production site.

This new version is only compatible with 2.2. It will not install on anything below 2.2.

Here are list of things I would like to check:
  1. Make sure upgrading from previous version works.
  2. Install/Uninstall. I fixed the issue where ghost fields are being left. I would like to make sure it's fixed completely.
  3. Test to make sure all icons are displaying correctly.
  4. Make sure the style properties are working. Icon dimensions, colors, etc.
  5. I added the icons to member profiles. I also added a setting to unify all colors if the user has a profile banner. I would like to make sure that's working.
Here is complete list of everything I did
  1. Updated add-on to ensure compatibility with 2.2
  2. Removed FontAwesome and made every icon an SVG to ensure unity and prevent mix/matching different styles. This allowed to greatly simplify the style properties and make it less confusing to style the icons.
  3. Moved the icons/SVG to it's own template to make swapping out the icons easier if you wish to do so.
  4. Added the gamer icons to member profiles. I also added a setting to unify all icon colors in the member tooltip and member profile if the user has a profile banner installed.
  5. Removed Mixer and replaced it with Facebook Gaming.
  6. Fixed the issue with leaving ghost fields behind when uninstalling the add-on.
  7. Cleaned up some CSS, and fixed some other bugs.

Thank you to everyone who tests this for me.

Attachments

Matt C. updated [AH] Gamer Profiles with a new update entry:

3.0.0 Beta 1 Release`

I have updated the add-on to be compatible with XenForo 2.2, added some new features, cleaned up the code, and fixed some bugs.

I would appreciate feedback to make sure there are not any issues with this new release. Keep in mind, this is a Beta release. While I am confident there are no major issues, please be cautious when installing on a production forum.

Here is a complete list of changes:
  1. Updated the add-on to ensure compatibility with 2.2
  2. Removed FontAwesome and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom