[OzzModz] Gamer Profiles

[OzzModz] Gamer Profiles 3.0.0 Patch Level 1

No permission to download

Matt C.

Matt C. submitted a new resource:

[AH] Gamer Profiles - Display gamer profiles in various areas.

This add-on is a port of GamerProfiles - PixelExit.com, which @Steve F, has kindly allowed me to release.

This add-on makes use of the custom user fields by allowing your users to input their various gamer tags from the games they play. It can be configured to use certain gamer profiles if you do not wish to display them all. Simply look in the style properties [AH] Gamer Profiles for settings for displaying what...

Read more about this resource...

I have not tested this add-on being uninstalled, so if someone can try that and get back to me whether or not that goes smoothly, thank you.

Last edited:
Can you uninstall it and see if the custom user fields that the add-on created in the database are still there? They will be under xf_user_field and prefixed with ah_.

I have not tested this add-on being uninstalled, so if someone can try that and get back to me whether or not that goes smoothly, thank you.

I get the following error when trying to uninstall (NOTE: XF 2.0.11!):

Code:
XF\Db\InvalidQueryException: MySQL statement prepare error [1064]: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'column = ?' at line 1 in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212

XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 39
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 54
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 79
    XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 217
    XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->delete() in src/addons/AH/GamerProfiles/Setup.php at line 114
    AH\GamerProfiles\Setup->uninstall() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 507
    XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionUninstall() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 329
    XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

I get the following error when trying to uninstall (NOTE: XF 2.0.11!):

Code:
XF\Db\InvalidQueryException: MySQL statement prepare error [1064]: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'column = ?' at line 1 in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212

XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 39
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 54
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 79
    XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 217
    XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->delete() in src/addons/AH/GamerProfiles/Setup.php at line 114
    AH\GamerProfiles\Setup->uninstall() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 507
    XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionUninstall() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 329
    XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Thank you, I'm working on it.

Cool addon!
I don't want gamer profiles, I only want they are all social networks icons there and there are inputs in user profile for user to put their social network links (just link and don't need effects like "on hover" to display previews) and display as you are doing for this addon. Is that possible?

Thanks

Cool addon!
I don't want gamer profiles, I only want they are all social networks icons there and there are inputs in user profile for user to put their social network links and display as you are doing for this addon. Is that possible?

Thanks

Yes, Facebook, Twitter and Skype are supported by default. I will post a guide on how to add your own soon.

Edit: Check the FAQ.

Last edited:
Yes, Facebook, Twitter and Skype are supported by default. I will post a guide on how to add your own soon.
That's great, I am checking and see how it works.

Can I get your addon with only support social networks without codes for gamer profiles? I see it has more effects there which can affect to page load?

That's great, I am checking and see how it works.

Can I get your addon with only support social networks without codes for gamer profiles? I see it has more effects there which can affect to page load?

The code will only load when the user has a user field filled in. So if there is no user field, the code will not exist in the public HTML.

The only code that you don't want is the JS code for the gamer card popup. You can remove that by disabling the "helper_js_global" template modification.

Amazing but cannot use until a stable version of 2.1 is out before we upgrade. Until then, Thanks for the release!

Amazing but cannot use until a stable version of 2.1 is out before we upgrade. Until then, Thanks for the release!

It's still possible to use on 2.0, just change the icons. The only reason I put 2.1 as the requirement is because I don't want anyone complaining that it doesn't work correctly on 2.0.

Edit: I was not aware that using the new <xf:fa> tags in the add-on would prevent it from being installed on 2.0.X. Here is a 2.0.X compatible version.

Last edited:
I am running XF 2.0.11, is the error that Finexes mentioned fixed?

It's still possible to use on 2.0, just change the icons. The only reason I put 2.1 as the requirement is because I don't want anyone complaining that it doesn't work correctly on 2.0.
How to change the icons?

I am running XF 2.0.11, is the error that Finexes mentioned fixed?

How to change the icons?

Yes It's fixed in the 2.0.1 Beta update.

To change the icons, go into ah_gamerprofiles_macros and find the section of code to which you want to change the icons for:

Example:
Code:
<xf:comment>Twitch</xf:comment>
<xf:if is="{$user.Profile.custom_fields.ah_twitch}">
    <a href="https://www.twitch.tv/{$user.Profile.custom_fields.ah_twitch}" class="ah-gp-icon" data-xf-init="tooltip" title="{$user.Profile.custom_fields.ah_twitch}" target="_blank">
        <xf:fa icon="fab fa-twitch" />
    </a>
</xf:if>

You can see the code <xf:fa icon="fab fa-twitch" />. Change that to <i class="fa fa-yourIconhere"></i>

Here is the list of FontAwesome 4 icons. https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/icons/

Can not install addon on Xenforo 2.0.11

It showed this error and can not continue installing.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Line 13: Unknown tag fa encountered. - Template name: public:ah_gamerprofiles_macros

and in addons section

Can not install addon on Xenforo 2.0.11

It showed this error and can not continue installing.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Line 13: Unknown tag fa encountered. - Template name: public:ah_gamerprofiles_macros

and in addons section

View attachment 189116

That's definitely not good, I'll look into it right now.

Edit: I know what the problem is. The add-on will not work on 2.0, because when installing the templates, the system encounters the <xf:fa> tags, which version 2.x does not support. This stops the installation process, which is why it's showing the error "Actions pending", meaning the install process is pending. I hope that's clear enough.

I will post a version that can be used on 2.0.x.

Last edited:
Top Bottom