[OzzModz] Gamer Profiles

[OzzModz] Gamer Profiles 3.0.0 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
I know it's been mentioned already and I may have looked passed a patch. Twitter, Twitch, Mixer icons don't open up new windows or link to the site from Postbit :(

Edited the Macros for each and added href's. All good!

Last edited:
I know it's been mentioned already and I may have looked passed a patch. Twitter, Twitch, Mixer icons don't open up new windows or link to the site from Postbit :(

Edited the Macros for each and added href's. All good!

I’ll put it on the list. Thanks!

hey @Matt C.

are you maybe planning on adding Mastodon to the list as well? would be nice to have that one in there too :)

also - we miss you very much on MC ;)

Awesome add-on!

It would be great if you could add sections for Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS friend codes when you have time, but I'm not in the hugest hurry for them.

This is a great add-on and one that is overly fair at being provided free. Should at least post a donate link. I am just starting to play with it, but I am curious how I can 'remove' options from being able to be filled in by the end user? I can untick "Mixer" for example from ACP->Style Properties->AH GamerProfile but that does not remove it from being a question that can be filled in from the user.

Is there a way to do this?

Talking from a development standpoint; if there is interest in continued development - the ability to select not only as above but to allow for some or all options to be displayed at account creation to be completed would be awesome.

I'd really like to help with supporting deeper development of this add-on ...it is really a benefit to any gamer/gaming site!

? I can untick "Mixer" for example from ACP->Style Properties->AH GamerProfile but that does not remove it from being a question that can be filled in from the user.
Is this going to be fixed? I don't really want a second life field in a minecraft forum were some childs are around. Thanks for the awesome addon btw. And it's free

Hi @Matt C., is it possible to add Minecraft username as well?

Also, if you check/uncheck any options, will make a change in the account details settings, so they won't show up in the list?

Attachments

• Screenshot_6.webp
    Screenshot_6.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hi, thanks for porting this add-on to XenForo 2! A couple of questions.

1) Could you add reddit profiles?
2) For profiles that don't have "rich" popups, can we have links to the profile instead?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Making the buttons linkable turned out to be pretty easy. After installing the add-on, you just have to edit the ah_gamerprofiles_macros template. Here's a Twitter example. Repeat for Facebook, etc. You have to edit the template in two places, one for postbit links and one in the member tooltip.

Replace this:
Code:
<xf:comment>Twitter</xf:comment>
<xf:if is="{$user.Profile.custom_fields.twitter} AND $ahGPStatus.twitter">
          <span class="ah-gp-icon ah-gp-icon--twitter" data-xf-init="tooltip" title="{$user.Profile.custom_fields.twitter}">
                    <xf:fa icon="fab fa-twitter" />
          </span>
</xf:if>

With this:
Code:
<xf:comment>Twitter</xf:comment>
<xf:if is="{$user.Profile.custom_fields.twitter} AND $ahGPStatus.twitter">
          <a href="https://twitter.com/{$user.Profile.custom_fields.twitter}" span class="ah-gp-icon ah-gp-icon--twitter" data-xf-init="tooltip" title="{$user.Profile.custom_fields.twitter}">
                    <xf:fa icon="fab fa-twitter" />
          </a>

I was also able to add reddit and color the icon inline. Here's the code:

Code:
            <xf:comment>reddit</xf:comment>
            <xf:if is="{$user.Profile.custom_fields.reddit}">
                <a href="https://reddit.com/user/{$user.Profile.custom_fields.reddit}" class="ah-gp-icon" data-xf-init="tooltip" title="{$user.Profile.custom_fields.reddit}" target="_blank">
                    <xf:fa icon="fab fa-reddit" style="color:#FF4500" />
                    </a>

@Matt C. I would advise against using custom prefixes such as ah_ for the obvious and unique field names (such as twitch etc) in order to maintain compatibility with other add-ons and even future versions of XenForo. If XenForo decides to implement new contact fields, such as YouTube, users of this add-on will end up with two YouTube fields in their MySQL database: youtube and ah_youtube, and they may even have different values. I would just rename the fields to 'youtube,' twitch' etc.

Last edited:
Does Nintendo have anything resembling a "gamer profile"? The Miiverse thing has been shut down, and I can't figure out how to implement their latest "Nintendo ID" or "Nintendo online" accounts to work with this add-on.

Top Bottom