[AH] Discord Widget

[AH] Discord Widget 2.2.3

No permission to download
The vulnerability is in a third party lib, so out of his control. And you got the addon which you paid for. Nothing the addon author can do right now until its fixed.

The vulnerability is in a third party lib, so out of his control. And you got the addon which you paid for. Nothing the addon author can do right now until its fixed.

Not a big deal. Guess I could use the built in Xenporta 2 discord widget if I had to. Anyways what is this exploit exactly @Matt C. , can you explain in more detail? I'd like to know exactly what kind of exploit this is. I may have to use the built in Xenporta 2 discord widget instead.

And @Matt C. its not a problem if you don't want to continue work on this. I know I paid $10 but unless you release a new one you can just consider it a donation and I'll just use the Xenporta 2 widget

And @Matt C. its not a problem if you don't want to continue work on this. I know I paid $10 but unless you release a new one you can just consider it a donation and I'll just use the Xenporta 2 widget

The add-on is being temporarily removed, to prevent people from downloading it. There is a fix coming out for the library, but it will be one to two months. I have to remove it for now according to the resource vulnerability guidelines.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

https://xenforo.com/community/help/resource-vulnerabilities/

@Matt C. The vulnerability I assume you are talking about was reported about a year ago, and the developer said he'd look at it 6 months ago on his next day off, but hasn't replied since. How do you know an update is coming? Has someone else taken over this library? :)

Yea, me. But the thing has no license, so it's copyrighted by the original dev. Only possibility is to fork and create a pr, or do it from scratch. It's actually not even allowed to modify or distribute that library :/

I've been using it for some time now, and noticed in XF2 it clashes with the editor bar causing the bar not to load. This isn't a huge problem for the forums as I only display the widget on the forumhome page, but it did cause Siporu's chat app, which uses the default editor bar, to bug out. Thankfully he was kind enough to give me a workaround to delay the loading time of the Discord widget, allowing the editor bar to load in first.

So which option do you think you'll take - start from scratch, or fork it and just provide instructions with this add-on to download and install it properly? It would be great to have it patched up, as there are very few custom widgets out there that look nice for Discord :)

The user who contacted me about the issue said he would release a fork fixing it. Unfortunately, I am not able to since I lack the experience.

Matt C. updated [AH] Discord Widget with a new update entry:

Release 2.2.3

This release doesn't do much except a couple of things. The last release included some files I was testing on my development site by accident. This update removes them. I apologize about.

• Changed the add-on file path from ahDiscordWidget to AH\DiscordWidget to keep in line with my other add-ons. You may delete ahDiscordWidget after updating.
  • Changed the add-on icon to Font Awesome 5.
This new release requires XenForo 2.1.x.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey @Matt C. I am trying to update the add-on but 2.1 isn't even released at the time of writing this. So the only download available is for 2.1 and I'm on 2.0

I plan to upgrade to 2.1 sometime after it releases but in the mean time it would be nice to get the update since this is a security issue. Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind I forgot I could download a past version from the history area. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi very nice and useful discord widget, i was wondering if there a way to limit the amount of users that can be display on the widget instead listing all

I keep getting this error. Any ideas on how to fix this ? I'm running 2.0 btw, i might upgrade later on though.

Code:
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Template public...', '/home/rusthjko/...', 584, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(584): trigger_error('Template public...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(539): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('public', 'ah_discord_inde...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1249): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateCode('public', 'ah_discord_inde...')
#4 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:ah_disco...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('ahDiscordWidget...', 'public:ah_disco...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#9 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}

When you promote to discord you have a list of all the channels, is there a way to remove some of them or eventualy reorder them so that those used or only visible or above the rest ?

Top Bottom