[AH] Discord Widget

[AH] Discord Widget 2.2.3

No permission to download
Is the issue with it not showing in the sidebar situated @Matt C. ?

There is no issue. I have it working perfectly on my site. The most common problem is that the "Enable Widget" setting on your discord server is not checked. The widget will not work without this. You also need to make sure the permission is set. If you can't get it to work, I'll help out.

There is no issue. I have it working perfectly on my site. The most common problem is that the "Enable Widget" setting on your discord server is not checked. The widget will not work without this. You also need to make sure the permission is set. If you can't get it to work, I'll help out.

Thank you. I just sent you $10 payment. Please write this down somewhere that "Brad Padgett" paid you for commercial usage. Appreciate it @Matt C. . I'll let you know if I encounter any issues. Hopefully not.

Yeah great add-on @Matt C. works like a charm.

@Niro I am willing to bet the reason it didn't work for you is even though you found your server key in settings, you did not cut the widget to "on". There is a switch button to cut widgets on in that area. Unless you tick the switch button for widgets to be on -> the server key will have no effect.

Thanks Matt. I appreciate your help. Great add-on!

I just noticed an issue in the less template. In ah_discord_widget.less, there is this piece of code:

CSS:
.block[data-widget-key="discord"] .block-minorHeader {
    display: flex;
    align-items: center;
}

It should be this:
CSS:
.block[data-widget-definition="ahDiscordWidget"] .block-minorHeader {
}

Because the "data-widget-key" is something that you set upon creating the widget, and it might not be the same for everybody. That piece of CSS aligns the join button to the right if you have it in the widget title.
Screenshot (10).webp

I will update the add-on soon, but in the mean time, you can apply that fix.

I just noticed an issue in the less template. In ah_discord_widget.less, there is this piece of code:

CSS:
.block[data-widget-key="discord"] .block-minorHeader {
}

It should be this:
CSS:
.block[data-widget-definition="ahDiscordWidget"] .block-minorHeader {
}

Because the "data-widget-key" is something that you set upon creating the widget, and it might not be the same for everybody. That piece of CSS aligns the join button to the right if you have it in the widget title.
View attachment 176810

I will update the add-on soon, but in the mean time, you can apply that fix.

No problem. I just used a bit of margin myself to fix that. Worked well. Either way works. Thanks for letting us know.

Hello, @Matt C. I seem to be having a discord widget and I am not sure what is wrong with it. Something seems to be wrong with the discord. I have even added the discord widget and server id. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Update: I seem to get it working. thanks

Yeah the add-on works without a problem. You just need to do 4 things. Put in your server ID -> set widgets to "on" in discord -> set permissions -> make the widget. The only part that confused me personally is the "set widgets to on" in discord as I didn't see any info about that in the description. But I'm glad you finally were able to make the widget. I remember your post in the other thread.

@Matt C. I really do NOT appreciate you sending me messages telling me to pay for your discord widget when I already did.

I sent you screenshots of the conversation we had only around a month ago and also screenshots of the paypal payment I sent you. It's very unprofessional for you to send me that message when I had already paid you the $10.

It has come to my attention that there is a serious XSS vulnerability in the library that this add-on uses, and it is extremely easy to exploit. While it is being fixed, I recommend everyone uninstall the add-on and remove the files as soon as possible.

Thank you.

It has come to my attention that there is a serious XSS vulnerability in the library that this add-on uses, and it is extremely easy to exploit. While it is being fixed, I recommend everyone uninstall the add-on and remove the files as soon as possible.

Thank you.

No worries. Glad you sorted this out with the payment and everything. I think the add-on is fine but if you make it better then that's good too. I will look for any updates you bring. Thanks.

Top Bottom