[AH] Discord Widget

[AH] Discord Widget 2.2.3

No permission to download

Matt C.

Matt C. submitted a new resource:

[AH] Discord Widget - A customizable discord widget.

Third Party Libraries
This addon makes use of discord-widget from Resting Coder.

What does this addon do?
This addon lets you add a discord server widget to your forum list sidebar which features channels and online users.

View attachment 168425

There are an extensive amount of options to customize the discord widget to your liking.

View attachment 168426...

Read more about this resource...

Nice widget! One cool thing I recently learned from looking at your images is that you can copy and paste emoji's into you're Discord Chat Channel name to show those icons! I never knew about it...

Great addon!

Is it possible you could add a permissions feature to this to? Like don't allow guests to view it or w/e.. ?

Matt C. updated [AH] Discord Widget with a new update entry:

Update 2.1.0

This release adds a couple new features/changes
  • Added a new style property for the Join Server button. The .button class is already automatically applied so it looks like all your other buttons, but if you want to differentiate it from all the other buttons, this new style property is available.
  • Added a new "View Discord Widget" permission as requested by @Ignite.
  • Added a new template modification so the JS script is called at the bottom of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

One suggestion?

Can you possibly add more options to add more discord servers as widgets. I run a private servers forum and I generally add other servers discord servers as a widget on their forum section, would be good to be able to do that with this add-on!

One suggestion?

Can you possibly add more options to add more discord servers as widgets. I run a private servers forum and I generally add other servers discord servers as a widget on their forum section, would be good to be able to do that with this add-on!

I'll look into it.

So Matt, I found a minor glitch. When I had the widget on the sidebar on actual threads, the reply button would stall out half the time. I removed the widget from the thread view and left on forum view and main page; good. I did a bunch of testing and confirmed when removing view from page. It was driving me mad since the install; but did tons of extensive testing to narrow the issue down.

So Matt, I found a minor glitch. When I had the widget on the sidebar on actual threads, the reply button would stall out half the time. I removed the widget from the thread view and left on forum view and main page; good. I did a bunch of testing and confirmed when removing view from page. It was driving me mad since the install; but did tons of extensive testing to narrow the issue down.

Can you please update to version 2.1.0. In the last version I loaded the JS in the widget itself, which causes the website having to load the JS before the html. In the update I moved the JS to the bottom of the website. I suspect this is the problem. :)

I tested it on my dev site by putting the widget in the thread view and did not notice any delay.

Can you please update to version 2.1.0. In the last version I loaded the JS in the widget itself, which causes the website having to load the JS before the html. In the update I moved the JS to the bottom of the website. I suspect this is the problem. :)

I tested it on my dev site by putting the widget in the thread view and did not notice any delay.

Hey will do! Good to know :D

Hey man! Thanks for the plugin. Quick question tho! When I try to edit the plugin options to add my server ID it gives me this error when attempting to save:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hey man! Thanks for the plugin. Quick question tho! When I try to edit the plugin options to add my server ID it gives me this error when attempting to save:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That is a permission issue. Try to set the folder permissions for the addon folder to 755.

Top Bottom