[TH] Advanced Thread Archiver [Deleted]

Jake B.

Jake B. submitted a new resource:

Advanced Thread Archiver - Automatically archive old threads

This addon will allow you to automatically archive old threads based on parameters you set.

You can set a max age for posts (per node) and set whether they hard delete, soft delete, move, or close the thread once they reach that age. You can also make it so threads are archived (with the previously listed methods) if they haven't been replied to in a set number of days.

2exqxid.jpg

NOTE: If you previously purchased this addon from xenstop.com,...

Read more about this resource...

Now thats going to be useful for events and job postings, at least for me! Nice mod :D

Terrific, thanks.
Can I request a feature? Add to the max criteria's with a "Thread is Closed?" criteria. I'd like to auto archive threads that have been closed.

This is a feature I have no experience of on other platforms but I do come across archives on other forums in google searches which are just very basic compared to the sites main UI.
What does this do with archived posts & what are the advantages of this feature over just leaving old posts in place? Do archived posts take up less db space?
My members would prefer to keep old posts in our off-topic areas - I'd prefer to delete past a certain age. This could be a suitable compromise if it archiving reduces space used etc.

Sorry for the dumb question. What do you exactly mean with "thread archiviation"? I mean, what are the differences between an archived thread and an active one? Thanks!

Terrific, thanks.
Can I request a feature? Add to the max criteria's with a "Thread is Closed?" criteria. I'd like to auto archive threads that have been closed.

This feature is planned in the near future as soon as I have time to work on it :) I have created an issue for it on our issue tracker, and you can follow updates for it here

This is a feature I have no experience of on other platforms but I do come across archives on other forums in google searches which are just very basic compared to the sites main UI.
What does this do with archived posts & what are the advantages of this feature over just leaving old posts in place? Do archived posts take up less db space?
My members would prefer to keep old posts in our off-topic areas - I'd prefer to delete past a certain age. This could be a suitable compromise if it archiving reduces space used etc.

I think what you're referring to is something like this right? If so, that is completely differet. That just shows the entire forum in more of a 'light' manner without all the images and styles, and is stripped down so you can only view, you can't post or anything, which could be good if you have a really slow connection. This addon will move, close, or delete threads from a board based on the parameters you set. They do not take up less db space, it will just close them (to prevent people from bumping a really old post), move them (to a board for old posts for example), or delete them (hard or soft delete is supported)

Sorry for the dumb question. What do you exactly mean with "thread archiviation"? I mean, what are the differences between an archived thread and an active one? Thanks!
There is no difference in the actual thread, this addon will just move, close, or delete a thread based on parameters you set for that node.

Last edited:
Any chance to change thread prefix when closing?

This probably won't make it in the next release, I have to try to find an efficient way to find out what prefixes are available depending on whether you move it or keep it in the same board. You can follow the status of that featuer here

Jake B. updated Advanced Thread Archiver with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.1

Multiple Rule Sets for each node #2
Each node can now have more than one rule set, because of this the page for managing rule sets has been moved from the 'edit node' form over to it's own page (link is located in the Admin Panel at Applications => Node Tree => Archive Rules). This will allow you to have one rule for what happens to closed threads, and another for what happens to all others.
New Parameter: "Ignore Open"...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jake B. updated Advanced Thread Archiver with a new update entry:
Version 1.1.1

Thanks!

The node selection drop-downs have a very strange sort order and no indentation. If you have 3 forums titled 'Archived' (as sub-forums under their relevant forum), they all appear at the bottom of the lists with the same name, so you have no idea which is the correct one to select. Suggest that the drop-down lists are populated the same as /admin.php?forums/add

Terrific, thanks.

Thanks again :)

Thanks!
If you have 3 forums titled 'Archived' (as sub-forums under their relevant forum), they all appear at the bottom of the lists with the same name, so you have no idea which is the correct one to select. Suggest that the drop-down lists are populated the same as /admin.php?forums/add

Right now it is only showing forums, not all nodes since you can't move a post to a category, page or link forum. I will change this though in the next release, and make it check after you submit the form if you selected a valid forum.

the order of the forums is wrong, so you can not know which forum you selected when two bear the same name
order.webp

Not as of the latest version, it's all moved into it's own page instead of the tab. I forgot to update the screenshot, I'll do that as soon as I have time, Sorry!

Thanks, I'll review now. Awesome add on. Just one quick question please. Should the below be closing all threads in this node that have not had a reply in over 90 days? I'm finding its closing a lot of threads, but not quite all of them. See here.

upload_2014-10-8_17-16-53.webp

Thanks, I'll review now. Awesome add on. Just one quick question please. Should the below be closing all threads in this node that have not had a reply in over 90 days? I'm finding its closing a lot of threads, but not quite all of them. See here.

View attachment 86028

It may still be trying to catch up. It has a limit of 100 threads per run, you can modify the cron entry to run more often, or manually run it until it catches up and everything should start working fine

Top Bottom