Resource icon

Advanced Styling Rules for XF1 v1.0.4

No permission to download
Hi Andy,

The same list selections could be used as a single regular expression. Something that would require some regEx knowledge though.

The solution to your problem is an easy one: ^((?!iPad).)*$
View attachment 29613

So adding this to the regular expression section would exclude it from the rule? It doesn't need to be a different rule in itself, correct?

Hi Alex, Any updates on getting this to show certain forums based on rules like the vB mod I linked you a while back? Would gladly donate towards it once completed.

Hi Alex, Any updates on getting this to show certain forums based on rules like the vB mod I linked you a while back? Would gladly donate towards it once completed.
Hi,
I'm currently very busy working on a custom add-on.
I doubt I'll be able to add the feature any time soon, as I have some other custom jobs also planned.

This is a great mod many thanks.

I would like the plugin to change to a mobile theme, and this works fine, however I'd like to give the user the option to switch back to the desktop theme.

When I check both themes it picks my desktop theme first but the user can select mobile. If I check mobile only then they obviously can't switch.

Also, I've set it so if using desktop there is no option to go mobile (is mobile:No), so that if someone is browsing on a phone then browses on a PC the suitable style is displayed.

Can this be done - the 'use desktop version' option but with mobile as the first style?

TIA :)

Right is there any really simple way just to get all mobile browsers to your mobile style? I can't seem to find any easy guide to use this and don't really know how to get it to work.

This is a very easy mod to use, just install and tick mobile, select your mobile style job done.

What I am hoping for is some way to make it user selectable so users can turn off the mobile style if they don't like it, that's the battle I'm facing at the moment.

Hi,
I'm currently very busy working on a custom add-on.
I doubt I'll be able to add the feature any time soon, as I have some other custom jobs also planned.
Great addon!

However when I set a mobile style for mobile users, they don't see the selector anywhere at the bottom to be able to go to the regular style if they wanted to.

Any ideas?

Hi Andy,

The same list selections could be used as a single regular expression. Something that would require some regEx knowledge though.

The solution to your problem is an easy one: ^((?!iPad).)*$
View attachment 29613

I've been trying to get this working, but to no avail. Has anyone had success in redirecting mobile, but not tablets – the iPad to be specific?

in xenforo it says version 1.0.3
but when you install it , it still shows in your xf site the version 1.0.2

Hi everybody,

Sorry, I hadn't the time to reply. I still don't, but I consider not replying to be very rude.
After I finish a custom add-on for a client of mine (a beats marketplace/player), I'll have the following todo stuff done for the next release:
  1. in xenforo it says version 1.0.3
    but when you install it , it still shows in your xf site the version 1.0.2
    Update the version to the correct one.
  2. ...when I set a mobile style for mobile users, they don't see the selector anywhere at the bottom to be able to go to the regular style if they wanted to.
    Create a new cookies sub-rule that will help me integrate that feature in a really easy way.
  3. I suggest to have a description/notes box in every rule just to describe which is which :)
    if you have different rules for different devices, its hard to remember which one is for which device
    Create a description block, so you can easily identify the rule you're looking for.
A cool future feature will be:
Could you add something like http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2344438 where only certain nodes are displayed too based on style?

Would it be possible to use this to display a certain style to google and a different style to everyone else?

I'm not happy with the SEO of my current style/forum and it would be great to create a custom SEO style just for the SEO bots.

I don't use it. Been thinking of creating another mobile theme though so I might use it for that.

Still working for you DRE?

it should still work judging by Dre's post saying it worked on 1.2 initially and there haven't been significant changes (only bug fixes) and tweaking since then. There's a good chance that it'll still work with the latest version of xenforo.

Top Bottom