Resource icon

Advanced Styling Rules for XF1 v1.0.4

No permission to download
Choosing a list of styles does not come up for me. Is it because I changed the name of my admin.php file a long time ago?

So if I use this as a mobile style switch will this prevent the style from going back to mobile after I switch it to a normal forum theme? Cause when I browsed my site from my phone, cezz mobile style switch would automatically switch the site to XFStop Mobile. That was great. The problem was if I was on my phone and switched it back to full site, cezz switcher would switch me back to mobile.
^^^This Advanced Styling Rules does the exact same thing :(

I'm not sure how it would be done technically...

But you could just not have an automatic switcher, and instead have a styling rule that says if accessing on http://m.yoursite.com/ then use mobile theme. You could then display a notice to mobile users the URL to the mobile theme. Clicking on it would active the rule which activates the mobile theme. Then you could have a link which just takes you back to the traditional http://www.yoursite.com to turn the mobile theme off.

I haven't fully thought that through, but it sounds like it could work. Would require some Apache configuration though, I guess. All the URLs in your theme would have to be relative to ensure that there's no absolute links in the mobile theme that would take you back to the non mobile site.

I'm not sure how it would be done technically...

But you could just not have an automatic switcher, and instead have a styling rule that says if accessing on http://m.yoursite.com/ then use mobile theme. You could then display a notice to mobile users the URL to the mobile theme. Clicking on it would active the rule which activates the mobile theme. Then you could have a link which just takes you back to the traditional http://www.yoursite.com to turn the mobile theme off.

I haven't fully thought that through, but it sounds like it could work. Would require some Apache configuration though, I guess. All the URLs in your theme would have to be relative to ensure that there's no absolute links in the mobile theme that would take you back to the non mobile site.
You mean this but it doesn't need this addon to work.

Russ said:
Redirect to the mobile version using a sub-domain
Create a sub-domain of your choice, such as mydomain.com/m/ or mydomain.com/mobile
In the sub-domain create a php file called index.php with the following code in it:

Code:
<?php
header("Location: http://mydomain.com/misc/style?style_id=#");
?>

Of course point the mydomain.com to the install of your xenforo, and the # being the style number
*Shout out to Jake for this

Hi Andy,

The same list selections could be used as a single regular expression. Something that would require some regEx knowledge though.

The solution to your problem is an easy one: ^((?!iPad).)*$
View attachment 29613

Hi,

Does this work for anyone?

If I use this and put it first, it makes my iPhone see the full theme but the iPad keeps showing the mobile theme :(

Great plugin, but I really need to get this sorted :)

Dave.

I can not find the control panel, what's wrong?
-Only Super Admins and administrators that have the "Manage styles, style properties, and templates " permission are allowed to use this add-on.
-
- View attachment 25522
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i still can't find the control panel, and i don't see the "Manage styles, style properties, and templates " text anywhere in the admin panel.

here's what shows up when i go to the applications > manage rules screen:

Screen Shot 2012-06-13 at 7.34.21 PM.webp

can anyone help me?

i still can't find the control panel, and i don't see the "Manage styles, style properties, and templates " text anywhere in the admin panel.

here's what shows up when i go to the applications > manage rules screen:

View attachment 30531

can anyone help me?
Hi there,

It seems there's a problem loading the JS files.
Make sure that each of the following files is in place:
Rich (BB code):
<script src="js/datheme/mootools-core-1.4.4.js?_v=ab450bd6"></script>
<script src="js/datheme/mootools-more-1.4.0.1.js?_v=ab450bd6"></script>
<script src="js/datheme/powertools-1.1.1.js?_v=ab450bd6"></script>
<script src="js/datheme/manage_styles_index.js?_v=ab450bd6"></script>

The last script is obfuscated and requires a modern browser to run. You may try the latest Chromium or Firefox versions for your OS.

This has just started happening to me too? Was working previously, now the options have disappeared ?!

I've checked the JS files, they are still in place.

Have tried on both Safari and FF on my Mac

I tried installing it and enter the Manage Rules myself, nothing shows and I checked the Server log errors, for me it says: (13)Permission denied: /public_html/js/datheme/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable.... yet I don't have one... (running Cpanel here) am I supposed to make an .htaccess file?

Anyone who gets a blank page and doesn't mind sharing their super admin account with me, please send me a PM.
It's time to trace the bug :)

Yup. I installed it on 2 forums and both pages are blank now when I go to Manage Rules. No error on the ACP
I'll PM you an admin account
Anyone who gets a blank page and doesn't mind sharing their super admin account with me, please send me a PM.
It's time to trace the bug :)

Hmm mine is blank too. At least the mobile switch is still working. That's all I use it for anyway. *shrugs*

Top Bottom