[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Hi Snog:

First, we love this add-on and it's made form creation a manual chore I did to a breeze any of our board staff can do. So good.
Conditional questions have also been a great addition, but we're experiencing a couple problems so far:
  1. Conditional questions aren't disappearing if a single-select is changed to an option that doesn't have a conditional question attached.
    • To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
      For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
  2. Conditional Questions don't seem to appear at all on mobile (using the above setup)
    1. Tested on Safari on iOS 12.1.4 & another admin using Android (not sure what ver.)

Hi Snog:

First, we love this add-on and it's made form creation a manual chore I did to a breeze any of our board staff can do. So good.
Conditional questions have also been a great addition, but we're experiencing a couple problems so far:
  1. Conditional questions aren't disappearing if a single-select is changed to an option that doesn't have a conditional question attached.
    • To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
      For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
    • View attachment 195411
  2. Conditional Questions don't seem to appear at all on mobile (using the above setup)
    1. Tested on Safari on iOS 12.1.4 & another admin using Android (not sure what ver.)
You are running an old version of the forms system (2.0.15). The current version is 2.0.17 and it does not exhibit any of the problems you mention.

View attachment Screencast 2019-02-11 09:56:40.mp4

Thanks - I didn't see these identified in the changelogs (perhaps I just missed them).
We're planning to upgrade to XF 2.1 this weekend and upgrade all our add-ons at the same time then (as some upgrades are only 2.1 and not 2.0 compatible and I don't want to keep track 😅 ).

Thanks - I didn't see these identified in the changelogs (perhaps I just missed them).
We're planning to upgrade to XF 2.1 this weekend and upgrade all our add-ons at the same time then (as some upgrades are only 2.1 and not 2.0 compatible and I don't want to keep track 😅 ).
It's actually a change in XenForo itself that makes it work correctly (2.0.12 I believe). That's why it's not listed in my add-on updates. ;)
Just another reason to stay up to date with the version of XenForo you're running. :D

Last edited:
hello,
taking a look at things with this.....at first wondering one thing......how to have more than one image attached per form?
that would be VERY useful in what we are trying to do...

hello,
taking a look at things with this.....at first wondering one thing......how to have more than one image attached per form?
that would be VERY useful in what we are trying to do...
The user filling out the form can select and upload multiple images when they click the attach files button or they can click the attach files button multiple times if needed.

If you're looking for multiple attach files buttons, that's not possible.

Last edited:
The user filling out the form can select and upload multiple images when they click the attach files button or they can click the attach files button multiple times if needed.

If you're looking for multiple attach files buttons, that's not possible.

fair enough...here is another question tho....which is a bit more important as we used this option heavily before coming to xenforo....(easyforms)

in regards to posting a form to an existing topic.....

it looks like the only current option is to post it to one singular thread id correct???

so....members cannot use a form on their own threads basically, unless one time when starting a thread with one....is that right?

in easy forms, there is an option for a "custom" question....which will allow code used for a dropdown menu with thread id options for example...

so........to be clear.....the last question of some of our forms is, "which topic do you wish to publish this form to?"
then for the custom answer code we used:

$answer = '<select name="'.$formbit[id].'">';
$answer .= '<option></option>';
$thisanswer = $q[$formbit[id]];
$threads = $db->query_read("SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "thread
WHERE forumid = '351'
ORDER BY title ASC");
while($row = $db->fetch_array($threads)) {
$answer .= '<option value="'.$row[threadid].'"';
if ($row[threadid] == $thisanswer) {
$answer .= 'selected="selected"';
}
$answer .= '>'.$row[title].'</option>';
}
$answer .= '</select>';

if that helps at all?
can you add this type of functionality or tell me if i missed anything please?

thank you for the addon, this is actually one of the things that gave us courage to come to xen.

fair enough...here is another question tho....which is a bit more important as we used this option heavily before coming to xenforo....(easyforms)

it looks like the only current option is to post it to one singular thread id correct???

so....members cannot use a form on their own threads basically, unless one time when starting a thread with one....is that right?

in easy forms, there is an option for a "custom" question....which will allow code used for a dropdown menu with thread id options for example...

so........to be clear.....the last question of some of our forms is, "which topic do you wish to publish this form to?"
then for the custom answer code we used:

if that helps at all?
can you add this type of functionality or tell me if i missed anything please?

thank you for the addon, this is actually one of the things that gave us courage to come to xen.
That is correct. You can use a form to post to a single existing thread. There is no option to select which thread to post a form in on a form itself.

There's a very simple reason for that. If you have a forum with thousands of threads, it would be unreasonable to load those threads into a selection box. Take the XenForo questions and support forum on this site as an example. There are 21,000+ threads in that forum. Loading that many threads into a selection box just isn't a reasonable thing to do.

You can use a form to start a thread in a forum (either as a straight form or by replacing the Post thread button), or reply to a thread in an existing thread (either as a straight form or by replacing the quick reply editor in a thread).

While I disagree with what you want to do, I will put it on the wish list. That does not mean it will be added, but it will be there for future consideration.

to be clear....its not meant to load every thread on the forum....it is for a user to post a form to their own topics....in some cases, the topic is started with one form, then is updated with a different one for example....so it only pulls up a list of a users own threads in that forum so it really is pretty easy to manage and very helpful tool.

to be clear....its not meant to load every thread on the forum....it is for a user to post a form to their own topics....in some cases, the topic is started with one form, then is updated with a different one for example....so it only pulls up a list of a users own threads in that forum so it really is pretty easy to manage and very helpful tool.
Even that can produce a huge number of threads on larger sites. I have a site where a single user has started over 3000 threads in one forum. ;)

Instead of loading the threads, you could just add an input box like "enter thread id", where the user needs to enter the thread ID. But still it would mean custom development, I just wanted to say that there could be another solution.

Instead of loading the threads, you could just add an input box like "enter thread id", where the user needs to enter the thread ID. But still it would mean custom development, I just wanted to say that there could be another solution.
From an admin's point of view, that would work because most admins know what the thread ID is and where to find it.

But, from an end user's point of view. Most wouldn't know what you're talking about or where to find it. So, they would have to be educated on that.

Then you have to be sure the person filling out the form is the actual thread starter and they can post the form to that thread. So, there's a little more to it than just entering the thread ID. ;)

Reactions: sbj
From an admin's point of view, that would work because most admins know what the thread ID is and where to find it.

But, from an end user's point of view. Most wouldn't know what you're talking about or where to find it. So, they would have to be educated on that.
Well, if he needs a system where the user's forms are posted to specific threads, then, those members must be educated like that. I see no other option, if he specifically needs that feature.

Then you have to be sure the person filling out the form is the actual thread starter and they can post the form to that thread. So, there's a little more to it than just entering the thread ID. ;)
I thought he said

Didn't think he solely wants to have it for thread starters. In that case it needs checking, yes, not as easy.

its been a long day here...i need to think about this some more....even on a simple level a "custom" answer box that code could be edited into like my example, or even precoded could still be a power tool....then it can be up to admins more and not used in forums with thousands of threads by same authors...

meanwhile...i tried to do a test and got an error list trying to upload jpg...png and gif worked....i can see its the other addon involved but any idea what is wrong?

thank you :)
Error: Call to a member function save() on null in src/addons/SV/AttachmentImprovements/XF/Service/Attachment/Preparer.php at line 55
  1. SV\AttachmentImprovements\XF\Service\Attachment\Preparer->insertDataFromFile() insrc/XF/Service/Attachment/Preparer.php at line 23
  2. XF\Service\Attachment\Preparer->insertAttachment() in src/XF/Attachment/Manipulator.php at line 170
  3. XF\Attachment\Manipulator->insertAttachmentFromUpload() insrc/addons/Snog/Forms/XF/Pub/Controller/Attachment.php at line 34
  4. Snog\Forms\XF\Pub\Controller\Attachment->actionUploadAutomated() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
  5. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
  9. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
  10. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

EDIT: ON A SIDE NOTE......WE ALSO HAD AN OUTPUT ON FORMS SHOWING THE THREAD ID#

Last edited:
its been a long day here...i need to think about this some more....even on a simple level a "custom" answer box that code could be edited into like my example, or even precoded could still be a power tool....then it can be up to admins more and not used in forums with thousands of threads by same authors...

meanwhile...i tried to do a test and got an error list trying to upload jpg...png and gif worked....i can see its the other addon involved but any idea what is wrong?

thank you :)
That error is coming from a different add-on. I'll have to download the Attachment Improvements add-on to see what's happening. It may not be something I can fix on my end.

Top Bottom