[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Put an error in the "Regular expression validation error" box for the question.

Use regex101.com to learn regex and develop your regular expressions. I can't supply everyone with regular expressions for everything that might crop up.

Ooookkaaaayyy .. thank you for your crisp and curt reply.

Just FYI, the code that works (after checking on regex101.com as so advised) is
Code:
^[A-Za-z0-9 ()\/#$-]{1,99}$

I would ask you to reconsider including questions in the thread title. You already caution admins to be aware of what they're including in the First Question, as quoted below, so why are other questions different? The first question is not always the most relevant or identifiable, and in many cases, two or even three answers are needed to create a descriptive title for a thread.

Again, chiming in my support for kbryant414's observation - on our current forums, the thread title is made up of 4 responses on the form. The way Advanced Forms has limited the choices (currently) is workable only to a certain extent and it would be very advantageous to have a more descriptive thread title.

Ooookkaaaayyy .. thank you for your crisp and curt reply.
It wasn't meant to come across that way. And I'm sorry if it did.

Again, chiming in my support for kbryant414's observation - on our current forums, the thread title is made up of 4 responses on the form. The way Advanced Forms has limited the choices (currently) is workable only to a certain extent and it would be very advantageous to have a more descriptive thread title.
I understand the want.

But instead of trying to make one form fit all needs, could the same purpose be served with different forms for more specific purposes? Perhaps incorporating a thread prefix too.

It wasn't meant to come across that way. And I'm sorry if it did.
No worries, all good. Thank you for your assistance.

I understand the want.

But instead of trying to make one form fit all needs, could the same purpose be served with different forms for more specific purposes? Perhaps incorporating a thread prefix too.
It would be great if a thread prefix could be incorporated/chosen as part of the form questions or process.

To illustrate what is the intended purpose, we use forms-based posting for our classifieds section so that a base level of information is posted instead of free form text.

So the form would ask for the following information:-

Selling or Buying
Equipment Brand
Equipment Type
Item Description
Detailed Description
Name

The resulting thread title would be Selling: Brand X - Widget - Doodads and Stuff

Presumably, thread prefixes could be used for the first (Selling or Buying), but it is really, really helpful to members to be able to see the brand and type on the thread title.

Again, not insurmountable if we educate the members to be more descriptive in the one line that is provided, but much better if we can direct them to specific options.

No worries, all good. Thank you for your assistance.

It would be great if a thread prefix could be incorporated/chosen as part of the form questions or process.

To illustrate what is the intended purpose, we use forms-based posting for our classifieds section so that a base level of information is posted instead of free form text.

So the form would ask for the following information:-

Selling or Buying
Equipment Brand
Equipment Type
Item Description
Detailed Description
Name

The resulting thread title would be Selling: Brand X - Widget - Doodads and Stuff

Presumably, thread prefixes could be used for the first (Selling or Buying), but it is really, really helpful to members to be able to see the brand and type on the thread title.

Again, not insurmountable if we educate the members to be more descriptive in the one line that is provided, but much better if we can direct them to specific options.

Agreeing with Foto here.

In my case, the forum is just for fun (games/roleplaying) but forms are a great way to manage character creation and things like that. To use a non-specific example, on the older version, the thread title could be "Bilbo Baggins - Halfling Rogue" by combining "{Name} - {Race} {Class}" but in this version, I can really only put the character name "{Name}" which is limiting for users seeking out particular kinds of characters to read about. With the character limits on each of the three fields, it's possible to ensure there is no combination that would go over the character limits for a thread title.

I get what you're suggesting as far as separate forms. Could copy the existing form and create multiple, so instead of "Create Character" there could be "Create Halfling Character" and a thread output of "{Name} - Halfling" -- but it seems as if it will rapidly become cumbersome. I'm only dealing with a handful of fields, though. Fotografik's example seems like it would be quite difficult to put together enough copies of the forms to account for the different combinations of brands, types, and names... and that could also become confusing to users.

Forms are useful for their ability to simplify things and ensure users adhere to certain guidelines, as well as creating consistency that other users can use for referencing the posted information. Like Foto, I can educate my users to enter things a certain way, and most of them would do so. We can work around the limitations. I'm just not keen on a limitation that doesn't seem to be necessary.

You both have put up a clear, concise argument for using multiple answers in the title. I thank you for that. It's not often that people can articulate why they want something in a manner that convinces me to add an option.

It will be in the next release:
answer.webp

Last edited:
You both have put up a clear, concise argument for using multiple answers in the title. I thank you for that. It's not often that people can articulate why they want something in a manner that convinces me to add an option.
Thank you for listening and your patience. Looking forward to the next release.

Snog updated Advanced Forms with a new update entry:

Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x Update 1.0.1

An update to Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Error when trying to use RGBA question/answer colors in posts
  • Fix - Question description not shown in form with date question type
  • Fix - Question order disrupted when adding a new question
  • Add - Multiple answers can now be used to create thread title
  • Add - Question number now displayed in admin...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Snog updated Advanced Forms with a new update entry:

Hi Snog,

Thank you for incorporating our suggestions. I have updated the addon on our development instance and it works as intended. We are in the final stages of our intended migration from VB4 to XF2.0 and this will go a very long way in preserving functionality from our current website for our members.

@Snog Getting Server error log about Accessed unknown getter 'title' on Snog\Forms:Form[1]

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'title' on Snog\Forms:Form[1] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:179

Generated by: Naughty Boy Jan 7, 2018 at 11:58 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(92): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('title')
#1 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php(545): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__get('title')
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form->actionSubmit(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Snog\\Forms:Form', 'Submit', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'snog_forms_navt...', Object(Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(1880): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(24) "/form/moderator.1/submit"
  ["referrer"] => string(50) "/form/moderator.1/select"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["question"] => array(15) {
      [18] => string(9) "ForumKing"
      [20] => string(12) "Omar Faruque"
      [21] => string(8) "1/1/1983"
      [22] => string(12) "Saudi Arabia"
      [23] => string(22) "@gmail.com"
      [24] => string(12) "966576683045"
      [26] => string(160) "- Contributing regularly, and being prepared to start a discussion
- Encouraging others to get involved
- Reading and responding messages, and giving support "
      [27] => string(1) "2"
      [28] => string(1) "2"
      [29] => string(1) "1"
      [30] => string(48) "Nirjon, Dipu, Monipuri, Arn43, Sany13, Robinhood"
      [31] => array(2) {
        [0] => string(1) "5"
        [1] => string(1) "6"
      }
      [32] => array(3) {
        [0] => string(1) "1"
        [1] => string(1) "2"
        [2] => string(1) "3"
      }
      [33] => string(4) "24/7"
      [34] => string(4) "NONE"
    }
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(24) "/form/moderator.1/select"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Email report BB Code text showing:

8CTCUIu6RWO8HUOUt1-f9Q.png

Please can add support User name: have a user profiles link?

I would like to ask if this add-on does support thread prefixes or not before purchasing, thank you!

Also, can users optionally switch to the traditional thread writing or are they forced to use the form?

Last edited:
@Snog Getting Server error log about Accessed unknown getter 'title' on Snog\Forms:Form[1]

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'title' on Snog\Forms:Form[1] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:179

Generated by: Naughty Boy Jan 7, 2018 at 11:58 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(92): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('title')
#1 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Pub/Controller/Form.php(545): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__get('title')
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form->actionSubmit(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Snog\\Forms:Form', 'Submit', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'snog_forms_navt...', Object(Snog\Forms\Pub\Controller\Form), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(1880): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(24) "/form/moderator.1/submit"
  ["referrer"] => string(50) "/form/moderator.1/select"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["question"] => array(15) {
      [18] => string(9) "ForumKing"
      [20] => string(12) "Omar Faruque"
      [21] => string(8) "1/1/1983"
      [22] => string(12) "Saudi Arabia"
      [23] => string(22) "@gmail.com"
      [24] => string(12) "966576683045"
      [26] => string(160) "- Contributing regularly, and being prepared to start a discussion
- Encouraging others to get involved
- Reading and responding messages, and giving support "
      [27] => string(1) "2"
      [28] => string(1) "2"
      [29] => string(1) "1"
      [30] => string(48) "Nirjon, Dipu, Monipuri, Arn43, Sany13, Robinhood"
      [31] => array(2) {
        [0] => string(1) "5"
        [1] => string(1) "6"
      }
      [32] => array(3) {
        [0] => string(1) "1"
        [1] => string(1) "2"
        [2] => string(1) "3"
      }
      [33] => string(4) "24/7"
      [34] => string(4) "NONE"
    }
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(24) "/form/moderator.1/select"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Email report BB Code text showing:

Please can add support User name: have a user profiles link?
Just download the add-on again and upload the files to your server. That should correct the error.

I would like to ask if this add-on does support thread prefixes or not before purchasing, thank you!

Also, can users optionally switch to the traditional thread writing or are they forced to use the form?
The forms system supports setting a prefix for the thread created when creating the form.

Forms don't affect creating threads unless you require a form to be filled out to create a thread in a forum. If you require the form to create a thread, you can't switch to a traditional thread.

Would it be possible to let user submit application if I delete there application permanently (Form application is limited to 1)??
If you've limited the number of times a user can submit a form, you can reset their user count in the admin area...

reset1.webp

Click "Reset 1". Then enter their user name...

reset2.webp

@Snog
I have all permissions for file upload field, but that field is not show at all in my forms,
When user submit form (form create post in thread) it shows (DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION).

• how to resolve problem with field file upload (I need that user upload images in that form field)
  • how to stop posting not answered fields (not required)? If user not answered on some optional questions, than question is not be needed in post.
  • how to disable default User name: "User" field (first on the top) when form is submited to post in thread?
  • similiar and connected with above question, how to stop post (DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)?
  • is it possible to have placeholders in single line field, multi line field....
  • is it possible to mark or add some sign or mark text in some way for required questions/fields

Thanks ;)(y)

Last edited:
I have all permissions for file upload field, but that field is not show at all in my forms,
This is a bug.

At this time file uploads only work with "Report in new thread". If you're using any other report type, they won't work.

how to stop posting not answered fields (not required)? If user not answered on some optional questions, than question is not be needed in post.
similiar and connected with above question, how to stop post (DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)?
If you ask a question it is always included in the report post. The result of "Did not answer question" is the proper result for unanswered questions.

is it possible to have placeholders in single line field, multi line field....
Place holders aren't available. However, the question is displayed and you have a decription of the question below the answer box so I'm not sure why a place holder would be needed.

is it possible to mark or add some sign or mark text in some way for required questions/fields
Sure, include it in your question. Such as..
Why do you do this? (required)

Top Bottom