[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Snog updated Advanced Forms with a new update entry:

Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x Update 1.0.6

An update to Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Add - Display of direct access URL after form is created
  • Add - Questions copied with form when form is copied
  • Fix - Default answer with custom user field improperly displayed for unregistered users
  • Fix - Question IDs out of sync for thread title creation

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Snog Does found Default Questions in new Installation. What have in files forms-export.xml?
You mean you did not find default questions?

You would import (Advanced forms->Import) the form-export.xml from the do_not_upload/SampleForms folder included with the add-on for some sample forms and questions to be added.

From the README.txt file..
** SAMPLE FORMS **

Sample forms are included in the do_not_upload folder. After installation, go to your admin area and select Advanced Forms.
Then select Import from the menu and select the forms-export.xml in the do_not_upload/SampleForms folder. Then click Proceed to
import the sample forms.

Since any user names set in the forms most likely don't exist on your site, after importing it is important that you edit each form
and change those user names to names that exist on your site.

Last edited:
Hopefully there will be a way to hide the answer as well, so that we can only display it in the title. Thanks for the hard work tho!

I even tried embedding the answer in a custom bbcode i created to hide the content of it (bbcode with display:none as property) but unfortunately that bbcode appeared in the thread title as well. Isn't there at least a way to remove all the bbcode formatting from an answer we set as thread title?

Thanks.

I even tried embedding the answer in a custom bbcode i created to hide the content of it (bbcode with display:none as property) but unfortunately that bbcode appeared in the thread title as well. Isn't there at least a way to remove all the bbcode formatting from an answer we set as thread title?

Thanks.
No there isn't. That's why the "Wrap answer in BB Code" selection warns against using that for items used in a thread title in the current release.
NOTE: Do not use this option if the answer will be used to build the report title.

2 questions:

1) Is there a way to limit how many characters can be input as an answer? Ex. ...multi line answer box, can I set it to only allow up to 100 characters?

2) Regarding responses put into the database. I'm assuming that I'd have to pull the answers from the MySQL database and have custom interface to show the on a website, if I want a table shown? Is that the process to show answers on the website as a table?

Otherwise, I love this add-on. My website is still getting developed, but I have several different forms made based on the situation.

2 questions:

1) Is there a way to limit how many characters can be input as an answer? Ex. ...multi line answer box, can I set it to only allow up to 100 characters?

2) Regarding responses put into the database. I'm assuming that I'd have to pull the answers from the MySQL database and have custom interface to show the on a website, if I want a table shown? Is that the process to show answers on the website as a table?

Otherwise, I love this add-on. My website is still getting developed, but I have several different forms made based on the situation.
You can limit the number of characters by using a Regular expression (Regex) check for the question (the 'Text regular expression' option for the question).

As stated in the upgrade notice and in the option to save answers to the database, no support will be given for answers saved to the database.
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/advanced-forms.5632/update/24579/
NOTE: No processing is, or will be done with the data that is saved. The option is provided for those that would like to process the information on their own. People using this option should already know how to use, and extract information from, multiple database tables.
No support will be given for processing the xf_snog_forms_answers table.

Reactions: CJ6
Hey Snog,

Is there a way to replace the "New Thread" button with a link to the form of my choice? This would be helpful to ensure people fill out forms for specific forums.

Hey Snog,

Is there a way to replace the "New Thread" button with a link to the form of my choice? This would be helpful to ensure people fill out forms for specific forums.
There is a way to link a form to a forum...

In the Report Type tab for the form, click on Thread report options. Check 'Report in new thread', then locate and set these..
postthread.webp

The only limitation is you have to use a different form for each forum you want to do that in.

There is a way to link a form to a forum...

In the Report Type tab for the form, click on Thread report options. Check 'Report in new thread', then locate and set these..
View attachment 170742

The only limitation is you have to assign a different form to each forum you want to do that in.
This is perfect, thanks, Snog!

Hey Snog,

One small suggestion for the replacement of New Thread Buttons. Could you make it so that it also intercepts the original new thread URL? Some theme styles and also the quick posting options in XenForo 2.0 allow you to circumvent that button replacement.

Is that possible?

Hey Snog,

One small suggestion for the replacement of New Thread Buttons. Could you make it so that it also intercepts the original new thread URL? Some theme styles and also the quick posting options in XenForo 2.0 allow you to circumvent that button replacement.

Is that possible?
They are already being changed. For example, log into my site and click the 'Post new thread' button on the main page and select the 'Test Application Form Posting' thread. You will be taken to the form.

And the quick post is not shown in that forum, so unless someone can tell me how they are doing it (by PC not in public) so I can circumvent it I'm not sure what else I can do.

Of course it is always possible the style or another add-on is interfering, and I would need to know what style and add-ons you have installed to cure that.

If you have someone manually entering URLs, that is a disciplinary problem that might need to be addressed. But I will have a look at that in the future.

They are already being changed. For example, log into my site and click the 'Post new thread' button on the main page and select the 'Test Application Form Posting' thread. You will be taken to the form.

And the quick post is not shown in that forum, so unless someone can tell me how they are doing it (by PC not in public) so I can circumvent it I'm not sure what else I can do.

Of course it is always possible the style or another add-on is interfering, and I would need to know what style and add-ons you have installed to cure that.

If you have someone manually entering URLs, that is a disciplinary problem that might need to be addressed. But I will have a look at that in the future.

On the ThemeHouse Nodes Addon (Free to download), it provides a quick link to post a new thread. That quick link still takes you to the post new thread option. It doesn't redirect you to the form. Could that be added?

Still unclear on how to upgrade to XF2 from XF1.5.17 (1.2.16), not yet sure on best practice.
Do i , upgrade to XF2 with 1.2.16 running or disabled?

Top Bottom