[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Still unclear on how to upgrade to XF2 from XF1.5.17 (1.2.16), not yet sure on best practice.
Do i , upgrade to XF2 with 1.2.16 running or disabled?
After installing XF2 itself the XF1 version of the add-on is disabled automatically. And after uploading the files for this add-on to your XF2 installation, you upgrade it using the add-on area in the admin area.

will there remain any Orphans in the DB from the (1.2.16) Version or will the uninstall from XF2 remove all old Version Orphans?

will there remain any Orphans in the DB from the (1.2.16) Version or will the uninstall from XF2 remove all old Version Orphans?
If you plan on upgrading to the XF2 version of the add-on do not uninstall the XF1 version before upgrading to XF2.

If you do not plan on upgrading to the XF2 version of the add-on, uninstall it before upgrading to XF2 to prevent orphaned data.

Snog updated Advanced Forms with a new update entry:

Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x Update 1.0.7

An update to Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Not a valid name error when entering multiple PC recipients
  • Fix - Navigation tab not selected when displaying form list
  • Fix - Template error when Single selection forum list question is in thread reply form
  • Change - Increased size of question description field to 250 characters
  • Remove - Answer position, Wrap...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Before I buy, can I have the form post it’s content into a new thread? Say, a ‘Server Share’ thread where it’s under moderation until approved, but allows an easy way to get all the required info?

Before I buy, can I have the form post it’s content into a new thread? Say, a ‘Server Share’ thread where it’s under moderation until approved, but allows an easy way to get all the required info?
You can have the form post in a new thread and it can be moderated.

But I'm not sure what you mean by 'allows an easy way to get all the required info'. Isn't that what a form does? ;)

You can have the form post in a new thread and it can be moderated.

But I'm not sure what you mean by 'allows an easy way to get all the required info'. Isn't that what a form does? ;)
That’s what I was wanting confirmation on. It may be a day, it may be next month when I buy it, but I will within a couple weeks.

Small bug with exporting when using Regex:

The Regex we are using:
Code:
[-a-zA-Z0-9@:%_\+.~\\#?&//=]{2,256}\.[a-z]{2,4}\b(\/[-a-zA-Z0-9@:%_\+.~\\#?&//=]*)?

The Error:
Code:
[LIST]
[*]ErrorException: [E_WARNING] SimpleXMLElement::addChild(): unterminated entity reference //=]{2,256}\.[a-z]{2,4}\b(\/[-a-zA-Z0-9@:%_\+.~\\#?&//=]*)?
[*]src/addons/Snog/Forms/Admin/Controller/Export.php:126
[/LIST]
#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Sim...', '/home/www/tools...', 126, Array)
#1 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Admin/Controller/Export.php(126): SimpleXMLElement->addChild('regex', '[-a-zA-Z0-9@:%_...')
#2 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Admin/Controller/Export.php(16): Snog\Forms\Admin\Controller\Export->_createExportXml()

Small bug with exporting when using Regex:

The Regex we are using:
Code:
[-a-zA-Z0-9@:%_\+.~\\#?&//=]{2,256}\.[a-z]{2,4}\b(\/[-a-zA-Z0-9@:%_\+.~\\#?&//=]*)?

The Error:
Code:
[LIST]
[*]ErrorException: [E_WARNING] SimpleXMLElement::addChild(): unterminated entity reference //=]{2,256}\.[a-z]{2,4}\b(\/[-a-zA-Z0-9@:%_\+.~\\#?&//=]*)?
[*]src/addons/Snog/Forms/Admin/Controller/Export.php:126
[/LIST]
#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Sim...', '/home/www/tools...', 126, Array)
#1 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Admin/Controller/Export.php(126): SimpleXMLElement->addChild('regex', '[-a-zA-Z0-9@:%_...')
#2 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Admin/Controller/Export.php(16): Snog\Forms\Admin\Controller\Export->_createExportXml()
I don't show a user with your user name as an owner of the add-on.

However, I will have look at it tomorrow. Any fix will be in the next release.

I don't show a user with your user name as an owner of the add-on.

However, I will have look at it tomorrow. Any fix will be in the next release.
Thanks for the quick reply, and my name on all forums is always different, i think you will find my license under: jacobjones on your forum.

You do not meet the criteria for any forms. No forms are available for you.

Please can be show to member that what criteria are meet? So member can understanding that what step need for this. Also when using User has posted at least X messages then can be show to member, You need X post count to submit this forms?

Please can be show to member that what criteria are meet? So member can understanding that what step need for this. Also when using User has posted at least X messages then can be show to member, You need X post count to submit this forms?
That is not possible.

A user meeting the criteria is a 'Yes' or 'No' answer directly from XenForo. What criteria they did not meet is not returned by XenForo.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or expected behavior but the redirect option "Newly created thread/post" doesn't work when someone submits a form that creates a moderated/requires approval thread.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or expected behavior but the redirect option "Newly created thread/post" doesn't work when someone submits a form that creates a moderated/requires approval thread.
It should be returning the user to the site index (main page) if the form creates a thread that requires approval.

I should probably put that info in the option for the form so it's clear that will happen.

Last edited:
It should be returning the user to the site index (main page) if the form creates a thread that requires approval.

I should probably put that info in the option for the form so it's clear that will happen.
Okay yeah, that's what it does. Would it still be possible to still send the user to the thread with the way XF2 works? I know it doesn't show creators their moderated threads in the thread list like it used to (a frustrating change IMO) but they can still access their own threads if they're given a link.

Okay yeah, that's what it does. Would it still be possible to still send the user to the thread with the way XF2 works? I know it doesn't show creators their moderated threads in the thread list like it used to (a frustrating change IMO) but they can still access their own threads if they're given a link.
It's a little more involved than just sending them to their thread. There are multiple combinations of things that need to be taken into consideration when sending them to the thread. Such as, but not limited to... Was a post user name used as the thread poster or the person filling out the form, If a user was defined in the form does the person filling out the form have access to the forum, etc., etc., etc..

I'll look at it some time in the future, but there are no promises it will be done.

Top Bottom