[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Which user/user group needs the permission? The one filling out the form or the one creating the post/thread?

We are trying to use it as a member application.

We have a user account for the form system itself.

Then, there will be users filling out the form which will be in the "Registered User" group, but "Awaiting Approval".

They will fill out the form. The answers will be posted to a new thread in a forum "Moderators Only" for moderators to review and approve/deny the application.

Then moderators can approve the member and take them out of "Awaiting Approval".

I can easily give the form system user permissions to upload files, post in the "Moderators Only" area, etc. But I don't think I can give that permission to users "Awaiting approval". Also I don't want regular "Registered" users to be able to access the "Moderators Only" area and the member application threads.

Just trying to get clarity on how I need to set permissions for this.
The user that is posting the thread needs the permissions set. So it would be the form system user.

The user that is posting the thread needs the permissions set. So it would be the form system user.

We still are getting this error in the application form:

hRVnzZc.jpg

To be sure permissions are OK, I logged in as the Form System user and started a new thread in the Moderators forum. I was able to attach files to the thread without issue.

What am I missing? :unsure:

Quoting myself so you can see what we're doing:

We are using it for a membership (new user) application form.

We have a user account for the form system itself.

Then, there will be users filling out the form which will be in the "Registered User" group, but "Awaiting Approval".

They will fill out the form. The answers will be posted to a new thread in a forum "Moderators Only" for moderators to review and approve/deny the application.

Then moderators can approve the member and take them out of "Awaiting Approval".

I can easily give the form system user permissions to upload files, post in the "Moderators Only" area, etc. But I don't think I can give that permission to users "Awaiting approval". Also I don't want regular "Registered" users to be able to access the "Moderators Only" area and the member application threads.

Just trying to get clarity on how I need to set permissions for this.

We still are getting this error in the application form:

hRVnzZc.jpg

To be sure permissions are OK, I logged in as the Form System user and started a new thread in the Moderators forum. I was able to attach files to the thread without issue.

What am I missing? :unsure:

Quoting myself so you can see what we're doing:
What permissions did you set?

They should be...
perms.webp

And in the thread report options for the form make sure you've set the "Poster user name" to the correct user name.

What permissions did you set?

They should be...
View attachment 204581

And in the thread report options for the form make sure you've set the "Poster user name" to the correct user name.

Here is "analyze permissions" for my Form System user for that node:

form system permissions.png

It definitely seems that it is checking the permissions of the user filling out the form, not the Forms System user.

For example..

Scenario 1:
  • Set form to report with a new thread in the "Moderators Only" node
  • Set form report thread starter to "Forms System"
  • User without permissions to post in "Moderators Only" node accesses form
  • "You are not allowed to upload files" error displayed in form
Scenario 2:
  • Set form to report with a new thread in the "Moderators Only" node
  • Set form report thread starter to "Forms System"
  • User with permissions to post in "Moderators Only" node accesses form
  • No error in form; user can upload files to form without problem

Last edited:
Snog updated Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.1+ with a new update entry:

Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.1+ Update 2.0.22

An update to Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.1+ has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on snogssite.com to download this update.
  • Fix - Type option Show in navigation tab doesn't do anything
  • Fix - Wrong user permissions being checked for file upload
  • Add - Form sort display order
  • Add - Form type sort display order
  • Change - Form report title replacement variable {2} removed in preference for {A1}
NOTE: The report...

Read the rest of this update entry...

After upgrading to the last version, all forms have been messed up somehow.

Report title seems to have changed from {A1} to {2} for some reason, this happened in all forms. (or {2} stopped to be parsed as the answer to the first question, I can't remember how it was set before the upgrade, I can just guarantee I didn't do any edits besides upgrading to the latest version)

After upgrading to the last version, all forms have been messed up somehow.

Report title seems to have changed from {A1} to {2} for some reason, this happened in all forms.
There is nothing in the update that changes titles to form reports. They would have to be manually changed from {2} to {A1}.

That's why I reported it, I just updated all the forms anyways, it's not a problem.
Ahh.. OK, you edited your original post.

Yes, {2} stopped being parsed in preference for {A1}. That actually happened in the last release, but wasn't documented until today's release. ;)

So, when we download the new update, do we have to change that for all old existing forms?

So, when we download the new update, do we have to change that for all old existing forms?
If you used {2} in the report title, yes.

If you updated to the previous version and nothing odd happened, then you didn't use it. Or nobody has filled out a form on your site that uses it yet. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: sbj
Wouldn't it have been wiser to have both {2} and {A1}? At least older users wouldn't have had such issues. In my case, I had nearly 100 forms to update, not that I complained about it, but it could've saved me some time.

Wouldn't it have been wiser to have both {2} and {A1}? At least older users wouldn't have had such issues. In my case, I had nearly 100 forms to update, not that I complained about it, but it could've saved me some time.
Not really since they were redundant and did exactly the same thing. It was a matter of removing the redundant code.

While I'm sorry you had so many forms to update, I'm pretty sure you're an exceptional case.

For everyone's benefit....

The problem above only happened on new installs, it does not affect upgrades.

A hot fix has been uploaded to the download server for the add-on.

I bought this plugin on 9/7/18 and I wanted to get an update and now it says I need to buy it again? Can I get some help with this?

Top Bottom