[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Hi @Snog! Do you know why thread prefix only works when the form is created by an admin? If you are a normal user the form is created without the prefix.

Last edited:
Hi @Snog! Do you know why thread prefix only works when the form is created by an admin? If you are a normal user the form is created without the prefix.
You haven't made the prefix available to the user group for the member filling out the form.

The same is true if it's not a question and you've predefined the prefix in the report options. The user group the member belongs to must be able to use the prefix selected.

Last edited:
You haven't made the prefix available to the user group for the member filling out the form.
View attachment 195879

The same is true if it's not a question and you've predefined the prefix in the report options. The user group the member belongs to must be able to use the prefix selected.
Thank you Snog, the solution was in front of my nose.

Hey @Snog ,
with 2.0.17 I have no upload in my form. I´m trying to create an accreditation-form for journalists. Most of them don´t have accounts and first ask for permission, so I offer the same form to registered and even to unregistered users (all usergroups selected). Since the report goes to an email-list (no PC, no thread), may be I am doing something wrong and would appreciate, you could help me out here.

Hey @Snog ,
with 2.0.17 I have no upload in my form. I´m trying to create an accreditation-form for journalists. Most of them don´t have accounts and first ask for permission, so I offer the same form to registered and even to unregistered users (all usergroups selected). Since the report goes to an email-list (no PC, no thread), may be I am doing something wrong and would appreciate, you could help me out here.
File uploads do not work with email...

fileupload.webp

They only work with PCs, new threads and thread replies.

@Snog, when creating the thread the title is cutting cut off at 100 characters instead of the full 150 that XF allows for a thread title. Safe to change the Form controller (line ~975) to 150 from 100?

@Snog, when creating the thread the title is cutting cut off at 100 characters instead of the full 150 that XF allows for a thread title. Safe to change the Form controller (line ~975) to 150 from 100?
Hmm... I must have missed the memo when it increased from 100 to 150 so it's a carry over from XF1. ;)

It is safe to change that, but that's not the only place it needs to change. I'll make the changes in the next release.

Last edited:
Hi @Snog - I posted this on your website and figured I'd cross-post it here in case you weren't looking at things over there.

I am having issues when creating a new form. Here's the error that is spit out when trying to save a new form:

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Attempted to convert NULL to serialized array [hasconditional] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:740
Generated by: xydrine Feb 27, 2019 at 12:28 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(618): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType(NULL, 'hasconditional', 65544, Array)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(553): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set('hasconditional', NULL)
#2 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Admin/Controller/Forms.php(152): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetSet('hasconditional', NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): Snog\Forms\Admin\Controller\Forms->actionSave(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Snog\\Forms:Form...', 'Save', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Snog\Forms\Admin\Controller\Forms), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Snog\Forms\Admin\Controller\Forms), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#7 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#9 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#10 {main}

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the time/date selection in the form - I do not see a list of hours/minutes or anything when selecting the start/end date of the form, just the date selection. Leaving it blank does not allow the form to be submitted either - it just errors out as above.

Any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks!

Hi @Snog - I posted this on your website and figured I'd cross-post it here in case you weren't looking at things over there.

I am having issues when creating a new form. Here's the error that is spit out when trying to save a new form:

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Attempted to convert NULL to serialized array [hasconditional] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:740
Generated by: xydrine Feb 27, 2019 at 12:28 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(618): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType(NULL, 'hasconditional', 65544, Array)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(553): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set('hasconditional', NULL)
#2 src/addons/Snog/Forms/Admin/Controller/Forms.php(152): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetSet('hasconditional', NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): Snog\Forms\Admin\Controller\Forms->actionSave(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Snog\\Forms:Form...', 'Save', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Snog\Forms\Admin\Controller\Forms), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Snog\Forms\Admin\Controller\Forms), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#7 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#9 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#10 {main}

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the time/date selection in the form - I do not see a list of hours/minutes or anything when selecting the start/end date of the form, just the date selection. Leaving it blank does not allow the form to be submitted either - it just errors out as above.

Any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks!
My site is the first place checked every morning. I replied there...
Snog said:
You aren't creating a new form, you're copying a form and the error is coming while copying the questions to the copy being made. This will be fixed in the next release.

For now, build your form from scratch and don't use the copy function.

Hi Snog:

If "This form is active" is not checked, the form simply does not show on the forms page but remains accessible and able to be submitted by users via direct link.

Assuming this was not a bug, I set a form expiry date and that threw up an error for direct link usage but I wonder if a new feature could be to set what that error says,
Right now it reads like a general permissions error, but it'd be more useful for it to be able to say "applications are closed" or something for a clear user experience.

Thanks for all your work on this add on!

Hi Snog:

If "This form is active" is not checked, the form simply does not show on the forms page but remains accessible and able to be submitted by users via direct link.

Assuming this was not a bug, I set a form expiry date and that threw up an error for direct link usage but I wonder if a new feature could be to set what that error says,
Right now it reads like a general permissions error, but it'd be more useful for it to be able to say "applications are closed" or something for a clear user experience.

Interesting, I can confirm this - looks like there just needs to be a check added to the page where a form is displayed to indicate that a form is not active, if it is accessed directly by the link.

Hi Snog:

That is exactly correct and not a bug. The "This form is active" just shows or does not show the form in the available forms list. It serves no other function. The form remains usable by other functions such as direct link, for use as a quick reply form, etc..

If the form is not to be available at all, remove the user group permission to use it or as you've done set an "End date". The error being thrown would be correct because the user no longer has permission to use the form once the "End date" is reached.

However, I will put an end date error on the wish list for the add-on.

Snog updated Advanced Forms with a new update entry:

Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.1+ Update 2.0.18

An update to Advanced Forms for XenForo 2.1+ has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Thread titles set to 100 characters should be 150
  • Fix - Error when saving a copied form
  • Fix - Conditional questions not being properly assigned when a form is copied
  • Add - Option to add a form button to thread quick reply
  • Add - Placeholder option to text answer types
  • Add - Option to change error...

Read the rest of this update entry...

NOTE: If you have installed version 2.0.18 as a fresh install you may experience an error regarding the placeholder for text answers. Uninstall the add-on, re-download it and upload the new files to your server. Then re-install.

This does not affect upgrades, only new installs.

Hello,

Are you using this module for buy / sell ads? Can I ask for a link for inspiration and demonstration?

Hello,

Are you using this module for buy / sell ads? Can I ask for a link for inspiration and demonstration?
I don't know of anyone using the forms system to do this. Mainly because there is no payment system in the add-on. But it could probably be used for it by redirecting the user to PayPal after they fill out the form.

Top Bottom