[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
So I've made a form and given myself the permissions to view it, but it still gives me access denied errors.
I assume you mean you gave your user group permission to view forms..

formsperms.webp

If that's the case, I need to know the exact error you're seeing. It could be you don't meet the criteria you have set for the form itself. Remember, even YOUR USER must meet the criteria you have set to view the form. So say you're requiring at least 10 posts and you only have 5, you won't be able to view the form.

Anyone that tries to access a form where they don't meet the required criteria will get a permission denied error because they do not have permission to access the form by way of not meeting the criteria for it.

Last edited:
@Snog with this addon i can create custom thread forms like this? What about prefix? I can set a default prefix for each form?

5QSMKDN.png

yifIj5i.png

k72tCnw.png

@Snog with this addon i can create custom thread forms like this? What about prefix? I can set a default prefix for each form?
Yes and possibly no.

Most of what you have there can be done easily with the forms system, including assigning a default prefix for the threads that are created for each form.

BUT, I'm not sure what you're doing with the image and video parts of what you want to do. So, that could be a no from that aspect. If those are strictly file upload fields, then yes. If they are something different, I'd need more clarification on that to say yes or no for sure.

Yes and possibly no.

Most of what you have there can be done easily with the forms system, including assigning a default prefix for the threads that are created for each form.

BUT, I'm not sure what you're doing with the image and video parts of what you want to do. So, that could be a no from that aspect. If those are strictly file upload fields, then yes. If they are something different, I'd need more clarification on that to say yes or no for sure.
When you complete form with img or video link, link appears in the thread. With videos there is no problem because xenforo has autoembed, but with images will appear only the link i guess. To show the image the link needs to be involved with [/IMG] bbcode.

When you complete form with img or video link, link appears in the thread. With videos there is no problem because xenforo has autoembed, but with images will appear only the link i guess. To show the image the link needs to be involved with [/IMG] bbcode.
Unfortunately neither of those will work the way you describe them.

IMG and VIDEO BBCodes are not inserted by the forms system. So, they would not appear in the thread as you want. Perhaps in the future they might, but not now.

Unfortunately neither of those will work the way you describe them.

IMG and VIDEO BBCodes are not inserted by the forms system. So, they would not appear in the thread as you want. Perhaps in the future they might, but not now.
I will only see youtube and image link?At this moment its enough i guess, but it would be so good the way i say but i can wait for an update.

Last edited:
I will only see youtube and image link?At this moment its enought i guess, but it would be so good the way i say but i can wait for an update.
This is what I get for answering questions before having at least 1 cup of coffee. ;)

If you have the user UPLOAD the image, it can appear as an image in the posted thread.

If you have the user supply a link for the image, it will appear as a link.

If the user supplies a link to a youtube video (or any other supported site) it can appear as the video (not a link).

Sorry for intervening, why don't you just use as report format this:
Code:
{question}:
[IMG]{answer}[/IMG]
Yep... that would work!

It's too early in the morning here. :D

But I would suggest a regex validation for the question to be sure an image is in the answer.

Reactions: sbj
brother, can I make a custom forum and display that data on another page or template or widget ?
I don't understand what you're asking.

But, forms that have been filled out get posted in threads, conversations or emails not displayed on pages, etc.

I may not have explored the plethora of things this add-on can do yet, but I figured I'd ask. We have a process for creating abilities on our RPG that involves adding and subtracting to the base cost of a specific modifier. So like...making an ability that does Damage Costs 100 XP, if it's removable from your person, -50 to the cost. So it'll end up being 50. Is this sort of thing possible with your add-on? Would you know where to find something that might do this for me? Haha

I may not have explored the plethora of things this add-on can do yet, but I figured I'd ask. We have a process for creating abilities on our RPG that involves adding and subtracting to the base cost of a specific modifier. So like...making an ability that does Damage Costs 100 XP, if it's removable from your person, -50 to the cost. So it'll end up being 50. Is this sort of thing possible with your add-on? Would you know where to find something that might do this for me? Haha
No it can't do it, there are no math functions built into the forms add-on.

And, I have no clue where you could find such a thing for XF.

No it can't do it, there are no math functions built into the forms add-on.

And, I have no clue where you could find such a thing for XF.

Thanks! Coming up blank on how I might do that. Figured I'd take a shot in the dark.

I don't understand what you're asking.

But, forms that have been filled out get posted in threads, conversations or emails not displayed on pages, etc.

Brother like a simple example I want to archive something like this

page name - game server list forum

forum feild - server name , server description, server link.

now when the user fills that forum it will create thread usually advanced forum does.

but now I want to show that to the user with my own custom style on the separate page or with the widget.

1532627194021.webp

like this.

Brother like a simple example I want to archive something like this

page name - game server list forum

forum feild - server name , server description, server link.

now when the user fills that forum it will create thread usually advanced forum does.

but now I want to show that to the user with my own custom style on the separate page or with the widget.

like this.
It will create the thread.

It can not create the page like you show.

Top Bottom