Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

@Snog I've bought the add-on, but still configuring it. I have a question:

If I dedicate a new empty forum for the applications to come in (one thread per application), can I make the "post new thread" button function/redirect to the page for filling the application?

I thought there was an option for this but it is not working. This is my only application:
When you say it's not working, what part isn't working?

Is the button title being changed?
Is the application form being displayed when you click the button?

Have you tried it using the default XenForo style to be sure it's not a template problem?

If you log in on my site, you can see this function working here:
https://snogssite.com/forums/test-application-form-posting.7/

Last edited:
The button title is changed, but upon clicking I'm not redirected but shown the regular create new thread page.

But you're right... tried the default template and it works, so something must be off with our custom changes. Thank you.

The button title is changed, but upon clicking I'm not redirected but shown the regular create new thread page.

But you're right... tried the default template and it works, so something must be off with our custom changes. Thank you.

Check your forum_view template and be sure it has this for the post new thread button (2 places):
Code:
<a href="{xen:link 'forums/create-thread', $forum}" class="callToAction">

Hey, how to determine who or what usergroup can edit application types, forms, options and form questions?

Only administrators can edit forms. In the admin area go to User->Administrators and be sure each admin you want to edit forms has 'Administer Application Forms' checked.

I would like to have one report form where you user can do the form by sattistfacting one of two criterio, is possibile?

I would like to have one report form where you user can do the form by sattistfacting one of two criterio, is possibile?
The forms system used the XenForo criteria system. So if the criteria can be defined as a XenForo criteria, then yes. If it's something special, then you may need to use user groups and the criteria system to do that.

Hello there!

I'm trying to find where I change "Approve" and "Deny" buttons CSS.
Where are they located
Thanks!
Those buttons/links use the standard style settings for the buttons/links in your style.

If you want to completely change the CSS class, you need to edit the template modification 'Post' - 'Adds approve/deny to post'.

Those buttons/links use the standard style settings for the buttons/links in your style.

If you want to completely change the CSS class, you need to edit the template modification 'Post' - 'Adds approve/deny to post'.
Thanks, however I can't find Approve or Deny in Post template?

@Snog I think this add-on is filling my mysql slow query log:

Code:
# Time: 2017-09-24T06:48:05.995529Z
# User@Host: xxx[xxx] @ localhost []  Id: xxx
# Query_time: 12.196197  Lock_time: 0.000056 Rows_sent: 10  Rows_examined: 1462058
SET timestamp=1506235685;
SELECT post.*,
            pr_cache.rating_cache,
            pr2.rating,
                    apppromotions.posid AS posid
                FROM xf_post AS post
            left join dark_postrating_post_cache pr_cache ON (post.post_id = pr_cache.post_id)
            left join dark_postrating pr2 on (post.post_id = pr2.post_id and pr2.user_id = 0)
                        LEFT JOIN xf_snog_applications_promotions AS apppromotions
                        ON (apppromotions.post_id = post.post_id)
                WHERE 1=1
                ORDER BY post.post_date DESC
             LIMIT 10;
Showing rows 0 - 9 (10 total, Query took 18.0765 seconds.) [ran it manually so I could compare it with parts taken out below)

Code:
SELECT post.*,
                    apppromotions.posid AS posid
                FROM xf_post AS post
                        LEFT JOIN xf_snog_applications_promotions AS apppromotions
                        ON (apppromotions.post_id = post.post_id)
                WHERE 1=1
             LIMIT 10
Showing rows 0 - 9 (10 total, Query took 6.5081 seconds.)

Code:
SELECT post.*,
            pr_cache.rating_cache,
            pr2.rating
                FROM xf_post AS post
            left join dark_postrating_post_cache pr_cache ON (post.post_id = pr_cache.post_id)
            left join dark_postrating pr2 on (post.post_id = pr2.post_id and pr2.user_id = 0)
                WHERE 1=1
             LIMIT 10
Showing rows 0 - 9 (10 total, Query took 0.0029 seconds.)

When I remove the snog_applications part the query runs perfectly fine, if I remove the dark_postrating stuff its still very slow (though a bit better on average).

If I uninstall your addon will it remove these queries w/o undoing usergroup changes? I have no idea what its actually looking for in there or why its taking so long, but I don't really use the add-on very much anymore so as long as it wont undo group changes it previously applied I'm fine to just remove it.

I don't know what would be causing that on your system. I can't duplicate it at all. It might be a false report in the slow query log....

Query result with both post rating and AAF:
withrating.webp

Query result with only AAF:
justapppromote.webp

Query result with only post rating:
justrating.webp
EDIT: I've now run these queries on 3 different systems with similar results to those I posted. The only way I could possibly duplicate the problem would be to have a copy of your database so I could run some tests.

If I uninstall your addon will it remove these queries w/o undoing usergroup changes? I have no idea what its actually looking for in there or why its taking so long, but I don't really use the add-on very much anymore so as long as it wont undo group changes it previously applied I'm fine to just remove it.
User group changes would not be removed if you uninstall AAF.

Last edited:
Ive been trying to purchase this for a couple of days but it seems your website is down?
Yes it was down due to a hardware failure. However, I was around 400 miles away and there was nothing I could do about it.

Top Bottom