Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Is there any way you can add a feature to allow # of applications allowed to submit based on IP address?

Basically, I run a minecraft server and want people to be able to submit an application for whitelist on the server even if they're not registered on my website. It'd be helpful if I could set that guests (based on their IP address) can only submit 4 applications total so they cannot spam the forums.

Thanks, and if you can't implement this then it's not a huge deal, just a little suggestion.

Is there any way you can add a feature to allow # of applications allowed to submit based on IP address?

Basically, I run a minecraft server and want people to be able to submit an application for whitelist on the server even if they're not registered on my website. It'd be helpful if I could set that guests (based on their IP address) can only submit 4 applications total so they cannot spam the forums.

Thanks, and if you can't implement this then it's not a huge deal, just a little suggestion.
I really don't think this is a good idea. Many, many people have dynamic IP addresses so there's no good and reliable way to track who has what IP.

Alright thanks, is there any way to allow people to be able to submit applications that are not logged in on the website? I know that this is bad for spam reasons, but I wanted to try it out and see if we had any problems or not.

Alright thanks, is there any way to allow people to be able to submit applications that are not logged in on the website? I know that this is bad for spam reasons, but I wanted to try it out and see if we had any problems or not.
Yes it is possible by setting the proper criteria for the application form and setting the report options with a Post User ID.

I recently moved the forum for where my forms get dropped into. For some reason the upload button no longer appears for one usergroup (the form gets dropped in a private forum, but so was the previous one). The usergroup is allowed to attach files and the form permissions don't restrict them from doing so. Any idea what else might be wrong?

Make sure the user group that uploads files in the form has permission to upload files to the forum the form is posted in.
Hi, I can not get the Upload button to appear for registered users. The forms are submitted to a private node, the node permissions are set for "Post new thread" and "upload attachments to posts" to allow, but the button is not appearing. It shows for me as admin. What else do I need to do? Thanks.

Hi, I can not get the Upload button to appear for registered users. The forms are submitted to a private node, the node permissions are set for "Post new thread" and "upload attachments to posts" to allow, but the button is not appearing. It shows for me as admin. What else do I need to do? Thanks.
Figured it out, need to allow both "View attachments to posts:" and "Upload attachments to posts:" in the node permissions.

Is there any way to remove breadcrumbs from forms? Additionally I've noticed my non-application forms still have the word "Application" in the form title, is there a place to configure that?

EDIT: Figured out the "Application" thing, but I'm still struggling to figure out how to hide the breadcrumb boxes.
To remove the breadcrumbs you would need to edit the advapp_form template.

The word 'Application' is the phrase 'advapp_application' which you can edit in the phrase manager.

To remove the breadcrumbs you would need to edit the advapp_form template.

The word 'Application' is the phrase 'advapp_application' which you can edit in the phrase manager.
Yup, I figured it out a few minutes ago, thanks for the quick response though.

Hello!

Is it possible to include the IP of the applicant in the forum thread (similar to a regular post) if we choose to report it to a new thread? This way we can have a proper IP management system with which staff can view IPs. If that's not possible, can you make it so that the individual form controls whether or not the IP is posted in the forum thread?

Thanks!

Hello!

Is it possible to include the IP of the applicant in the forum thread (similar to a regular post) if we choose to report it to a new thread? This way we can have a proper IP management system with which staff can view IPs. If that's not possible, can you make it so that the individual form controls whether or not the IP is posted in the forum thread?

Thanks!
There is already an option in the add-on options to include the IP address in the post.

If you're asking for it to be included as the poster's IP where you have the IP button in the post, that's a bit more complicated since the post is considered automated and IP addresses are not recorded for automated posts.

There is already an option in the add-on options to include the IP address in the post.

If you're asking for it to be included as the poster's IP where you have the IP button in the post, that's a bit more complicated since the post is considered automated and IP addresses are not recorded for automated posts.

Hey Snog,

Thanks for the quick response. We are aware of the add-on option to include the applicant's IP address in the post. We are asking if it is possible to have it show up as the "IP button" in the post. We don't necessarily want our application staff to be able to view the IP of the applicant, only the administrators. It would be a very good addition to this wonderful add-on to have a better IP management option.

And if that's not possible at all, can you make it so that individual application forms control whether or not the IP is posted in the thread?

Thanks again!

And if that's not possible at all, can you make it so that individual application forms control whether or not the IP is posted in the thread?
I'll put this on the wish list and hopefully have it in the next release.

Hello,

My need is simple. Just a "Request quote" form. But what I want to know is, if the plugin supports one of the follow:
  • Private thread after form submission ....or....
  • Start of a convertation
I don't need to use both. One (any) of them is ok for my needs.

Thank you
Chris

Hello,

My need is simple. Just a "Request quote" form. But what I want to know is, if the plugin supports one of the follow:
  • Private thread after form submission ....or....
  • Start of a convertation
I don't need to use both. One (any) of them is ok for my needs.

Thank you
Chris
Hi Chris! :)

Either one is possible.

For a private thread, the forum the thread is posted in needs to be set with "View threads by others" set to Revoke for the usergroup of the users filling out forms. And the form report options "Report in New Thread" should be checked and it must have the "Post User ID" set to 0 to make the system post from the user filling out the form.

A conversation just requires the report options be set to "Report by Private Conversation" and the recipient defined in the options.

IMO, the thread option is the better of the two.

Is there any way to make the "Accept" and "Deny" links to buttons? So that they are more visible :D
That is entirely a function of your style not the forms system. If your style shows the other links there as buttons, they should show as buttons. My style does that..
buttons.webp

Top Bottom