1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Administration side.

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by hulnu, Aug 1, 2010.

1. hulnu

hulnu New Member

I was wondering what the administration side of the forum looks like? AdminCP's and ModCP's etc?

2. Chris M

Chris M Active Member

Any screenshots? :)

3. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

So do we all.

4. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

hulnu likes this.
  5. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

hulnu likes this.
  6. Chris M

Chris M Active Member

That is like taking a child into a sweet shop and telling it they can't have anything - We need MORE!

7. Floris

Floris Guest

8. hulnu

hulnu New Member

Now I must see more :(

9. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

That I don't know, Allan posted that on the vB ressources french forum.
    Apparently this video was taken by Kier as he's the one to log in.

Ask the youtube poster :p

10. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I found it on admincommunity. The owner of the youtube channel looks like community-forums.net which basically redirects to admincommunity.

11. Floris

Floris Guest

Kier gave me the video, I host it and made the youtube video - just not the above one.
    Despite that it was provided to me by Kier, just copying other people their files is uncalled for.
    Allen could have at least asked, instead of using it to spam his web site. Unprofessional of him.

floris.6 and Ceri May like this.
  12. Rhydian

Rhydian Active Member

Interesting wonder why the administration is on admin.php instead of a separate folder.

13. Chris M

Chris M Active Member

There isn't always a need for a seperate folder, especially if the admin functions are already included within the main directory - for instance Admin thread functions could reference the thread file, Admin user functions reference the user file etc.

14. Floris

Floris Guest

Maybe a directory wasn't needed. Using htaccess/htpasswd you can still protect 1 file.

floris.6 likes this.
  15. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

One framework, one base directory. vBulletin and others works that way because they have a different "framework" for the backend so to speak. Notice the different global.php file?

16. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

Seriously, you can't blame him for finding that youtube video :confused:

He found the video on youtube and therefore didn't know from where it was coming ! So he couldn't have asked without knowing you did posted the original one. You should rather blame those who copied your video ;)

17. Floris

Floris Guest

I am not, I am blaming a person for uploading it to youtube without asking the author or the source of the video if it can be copied. And just inquiring about it to get more info.

floris.6 likes this.
  18. Rhydian

Rhydian Active Member

Thanks for the info :)

19. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

Yeah I understand your feeling but be sure that it's not Allan :) He would never do such thing !

The guy on youtube is called communityforumsnet, I tried looking on the internet if that address was related to an existing website but apparently only the domain is registered but there is no forum or anything else.

20. TheRevTastic

TheRevTastic Well-Known Member

Well to get you guys back on topic, I really love how you login and the banner just resizes and looks very cool.

hulnu and MtoR like this.