• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Adjust logo css?

DaveL

Ive just had a logo designed and I was advised I would need to add some css to get the logo positioned correctly.

Where abouts would I need to put this css to position the logo?

position:relative;
top:20px;
right:40px;​

I did ask the designer, but he does not have or use xenforo so is not sure which file to put it in.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The logo should be able to be set from within the ACP in Style Properties -> Header and Navigation Settings

If that doesn't do what you need to then look for #logo in header.css.

However, I would recommend adding any custom css to EXTRA.css, that way it is all in the same place for easy reference.

So in your case, you should just add:
HTML:
#logo {
position:relative;
top:20px;
right:40px;
}

DaveL

Thanks for the reply Brogan.

I created a new template called EXTRA.css and added the css in the post above, however it hasnt made any changes the logo. Am I missing something else?!

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Difficult to say really without seeing your site or knowing what you want to do with the logo.
If you can provide a link and a screenshot of what it is you're trying to do that would be a big help.

This may sound daft but have you thought of just adding transparent space to the top/bottom/sides of the logo so it will be positioned exactly using the basic ACP options?

DaveL

Hi Brogan,
In the end I went into header.css and just added a couple of lines to the css code. It seems to have done the trick!

Thanks for your help, had the licence two months but first time ive set a site up using it, so just getting to grips with where evrything is!