XF 1.1 Addon upload

captainanna

When uploading the addon "xenporta" I get internal server error 500 when selecting the xml file on my PC or on the server, with the error being very generic I am struggling to find a fix for it, any help would be much appreciated.

We may have the same problem as you as that is the most generic of generic messages... These aren't always fun!

Could you check your Admin CP > Tools > Server Error Log to see if anything was logged in there?

Is it the upload that is failing or the running of the XML program? If it's the second one, it could be that you didn't put the add-on folders in the right place, etc....???

Have you tried downloading the whole XenPorta package again and reuploading?

zip files have an awful tendency to corrupt sometimes and everything might seem fine until something like this happens.

• upload the entire contents of the attached zip to your XenForo root (check so the location of the file is library/EWRporta/addon-EWRporta.xml)
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRporta/addon-EWRporta.xml" (This is the problem, this gives an internal server error 500)
I just chmoded the file to 777 and it still has the problem, all the files are properly uploaded, it gives the same error if I dont select any files and just click install addon so I think it is probably a setup issue but I have no idea what.

Have you tried downloading the whole XenPorta package again and reuploading?

zip files have an awful tendency to corrupt sometimes and everything might seem fine until something like this happens.
Just tried this and got the same error, I get the feeling its caused by bad config of xenforo, any ideas?

Yeah this is a really odd one.

Generally if the files have been uploaded wrong you'll get a normal XenForo error, such as "Please supply a valid callback method".

Have you had problems with installing other add-ons?

Yeah this is a really odd one.

Generally if the files have been uploaded wrong you'll get a normal XenForo error, such as "Please supply a valid callback method".

Have you had problems with installing other add-ons?
I just installed (xenforo that is) it and as I said even if I dont select one it still gives the error

Damn.

It might be worth doing a File Health Check: http://www.yoursite.com/admin.php?tools/file-check

This will verify that all of the files are in the right place and in working order.

Also, ensure that your internal_data and data folders have CHMOD 0777 applied.

Meanwhile, I'm just going to check if there's any specific server dependencies in the add-on installer.

There's not a lot that can go wrong with the install or configuration... if all else fails as it's a new board maybe you could delete everything and start from scratch, if we can't figure it out.

Ok, running out of ideas a bit... o_O

I've had a look at the PHP code that handles the installation process from the XML file and obviously it has to be able to read the XML files so perhaps there is a server extension missing that is required for doing this.

Download this: http://xenforo.com/xenforo-requirements-test.zip

Extract xenforo_requirements.php to the root of your XenForo installation then go to:

http:://www.yoursite.com/xenforo_requirements.php

Ok, running out of ideas a bit... o_O

I've had a look at the PHP code that handles the installation process from the XML file and obviously it has to be able to read the XML files so perhaps there is a server extension missing that is required for doing this.

Download this: http://xenforo.com/xenforo-requirements-test.zip

Extract xenforo_requirements.php to the root of your XenForo installation then go to:

http:://www.yoursite.com/xenforo_requirements.php

Requirements Met

Your server meets all of XenForo's PHP requirements.

Ok...

So what if this isn't a server issue or a config issue. What if this is a client side issue?

Could you try it in a different browser? Sounds odd, I know, but we need to cover all bases.

Alternatively, I'm happy to take a look at your site if you're able to PM me an admin account I can log on with. If you upload the XML file I will see if I get the same problem when trying to install it. Meanwhile I'll think of... something... else to try... o_O

Ok...

So what if this isn't a server issue or a config issue. What if this is a client side issue?

Could you try it in a different browser? Sounds odd, I know, but we need to cover all bases.

Alternatively, I'm happy to take a look at your site if you're able to PM me an admin account I can log on with. If you upload the XML file I will see if I get the same problem when trying to install it. Meanwhile I'll think of... something... else to try... o_O
Just got one of my other admins to try it on a different connection/pc/browser all together and it was the same, I will pm you the info now, Thanks for the help

Ok.

I'm just off home so it will be 30-40 minutes before you see me do anything. If someone else has the same problem not sure I'm going to see anything but I'll see what I can see.

• upload the entire contents of the attached zip to your XenForo root (check so the location of the file is library/EWRporta/addon-EWRporta.xml)
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRporta/addon-EWRporta.xml" (This is the problem, this gives an internal server error 500)
I just chmoded the file to 777 and it still has the problem, all the files are properly uploaded, it gives the same error if I dont select any files and just click install addon so I think it is probably a setup issue but I have no idea what.

Are you using shared hosting? If so, some hosts throw a 500 error on files with 777. You might try 755 instead. (Just throwing it out there)

Top Bottom