Add-on Update Notifier

Add-on Update Notifier 1.1.8

No permission to download
@Forsaken
Please be fair - the donate button was smaller than the current banner and it was independent of the functionality. ;)
Which doesn't mean that I have a problem with the 12 euros (in my case) - but we should try to remain objective.
My issue is with a donation button blatantly being put in a place to stand out every time you look at a page. If it were a dismissable alert, or an occasional reminder I would have no issue with it.

There is a difference between pandering for donations and asking for help with covering costs/time spent in development. While there was some confusion for some people with this being a tiered freemium add-on, it was always intended as such so I have no issue with the banner alerting you to limitations, as that is just transparency.

The limits are also not purely for covering costs 🤷‍♂️.

Hey @mazzly I was alerted that two add-ons are outdated. When I clicked 'download' I was presented with an error: API key not valid for this IP

This is a new problem and I just updated a few days ago to a paid API and had no problems with an update then.

I am wondering if your system that checks the validation is down? Or if there is something more I need to do?

Appreciate you!

Hey @mazzly I was alerted that two add-ons are outdated. When I clicked 'download' I was presented with an error: API key not valid for this IP

This is a new problem and I just updated a few days ago to a paid API and had no problems with an update then.

I am wondering if your system that checks the validation is down? Or if there is something more I need to do?

Appreciate you!
I'll probably need to whitelist another IP that your forum is also using, I'll let you know whrn it's fixed 😊👍

View attachment 280267

New one released by Andy today
Click on that text and you can help others get updates by reporting the url 😉

View attachment 280268

That status never changes, been days
Yes that one is excluded from checks as they have their own update notifications... But yeah there shouldn't show the indicator for it so there is likely a tiny bug there 😊

I'll have to try again when the next update comes out... wasn't working for me so I just did manual to get it done.
I have whitelisted the extra IP that your forums also seem to use... We have some plans for how to fix this a bit better for users so that it doesn't have to be manually whitelisted :)

I have whitelisted the extra IP that your forums also seem to use... We have some plans for how to fix this a bit better for users so that it doesn't have to be manually whitelisted :)

Thanks, Mazzly! Appreciate your quick response - this is a great add-on! ♥️

@mazzly ..okay just tried to use the add-on to update this add-on and I received the same IP error message. I am going to send you a private conversation, now, with a screenshot from the ACP that shows my IP addresses, etc.

Thanks!

My issue is with a donation button blatantly being put in a place to stand out every time you look at a page. If it were a dismissable alert, or an occasional reminder I would have no issue with it.
The donate button was 1.5x1 cm, and at the top next to other buttons and only on the add-on list page and not on every page.
So a small amount of additional space was occupied and it was always voluntary whether you donated or not. In addition, it is logical that such a donation button is not hidden. I think you should be encouraged to donate a few euros every year if you like it. In that case, it doesn't matter whether it's 1 or 100 euros or nothing at all.

This has nothing to do with begging - sorry but seeing it that way is nonsense. Likewise, one could misinterpret any paid Pro version or e.g. the payment levels of this add-on here as "blackmail" if one interprets it maliciously. Would also be nonsense.

I can completely understand the frustration of those who had donated and were then surprised by the cancellation of support - I'm one of them.

But getting angry about a tiny donate button that had no functional meaning is kind of crazy. sorry.

And again (you seem to like to misunderstand people it seems ;-) ): I have zero issues with @mazzly's add-on and its pricing. I already wrote to you above. ;-)

The donate button was 1.5x1 cm, and at the top next to other buttons and only on the add-on list page and not on every page.
So a small amount of additional space was occupied and it was always voluntary whether you donated or not. In addition, it is logical that such a donation button is not hidden. I think you should be encouraged to donate a few euros every year if you like it. In that case, it doesn't matter whether it's 1 or 100 euros or nothing at all.

This has nothing to do with begging - sorry but seeing it that way is nonsense. Likewise, one could misinterpret any paid Pro version or e.g. the payment levels of this add-on here as "blackmail" if one interprets it maliciously. Would also be nonsense.

I can completely understand the frustration of those who had donated and were then surprised by the cancellation of support - I'm one of them.

But getting angry about a tiny donate button that had no functional meaning is kind of crazy. sorry.

And again (you seem to like to misunderstand people it seems ;-) ): I have zero issues with @mazzly's add-on and its pricing. I already wrote to you above. ;-)
You are adding connotations that do not exist in my post 🙃.

The issue is not the existence of a donation button, the issue is the placement of the button. In the whole time I have used XenForo, no other resource provider has ever tried to add a donation button to a major page (at least of the resources I have used). The common practice is a) signature, b) resource page and c) page specific to your add-on. If every developer did what 0815 did, it would become an issue very quickly (much like people who complain about the copyright in the footer).

I agree with people having to donate or finance things they want; almost every add-on I finance or feature I fund gets released for free 🤷‍♂️.

Begging was never mentioned 🙃. I have no issue with people asking for donations, I actively encourage people to donate to @Ozzy47 all the time. I'm glad we agree you making a false equivalency is nonsense, at least we can agree there.

Now, if you want to argue based on what I say and not try to add your own connotations or meanings go ahead. If not, get lost.

All of this chatter is off topic for a resource support thread, not to mention some of the comments are in breach of the rules.

Take the discussion elsewhere if you want to continue it.

All of this chatter is off topic for a resource support thread, not to mention some of the comments are in breach of the rules.

Take the discussion elsewhere if you want to continue it.
I already put him back on my ignore list :).

@mazzly finally cleared up that $2500 chargeback I was dealing with and upgraded API access. If you add a subscription to just donate to support development I'll also subscribe to that.

Yes that one is excluded from checks as they have their own update notifications... But yeah there shouldn't show the indicator for it so there is likely a tiny bug there 😊
This also happens for legacy add-ons, I think:
1674254689738.webp

Top Bottom