1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding secondary usergroups to upgrades after they have been purchased.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Blue, May 11, 2011.

1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

If a secondary usergroup is added to an upgrade package after it has been purchased would it automatically grant the secondary usergroup? If not, after adding the secondary usergroup manually would it have to removed manually when the original upgrade expired?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The change is not retroactive to previously upgraded users. In my testing I found that you need to downgrade and then re-upgrade existing users to properly enter them into the subscription with the new groups specified. Once they are resubscribed then the removal of those groups will be handled automatically when the upgrade expires.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I haven't tested it but I suspect manually adding the users to the groups would also work, which would avoid the need to manually downgrade and upgrade them.

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The groups won't be automatically removed when the upgrade expires if you do it that way.

Brogan likes this.
  5. Brogan

Ah, good to know Mike, thanks.

6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

The only easy alternate method I can think of would be to create a new upgrade package with the secondary usergroup and manually upgrade the existing subscribers. And once those subscriptions expire I could delete the package.

That should work?

7. Brogan

That would probably work.
    It should be easy to test with a short duration upgrade on a local installation, if you have one.

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Will do, thanks.