1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding CSS to homegrown template?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by FredC, Jan 2, 2011.

1. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

I just figured how to create my own templates.. (Super Cool by the way) but now i need help either locating a guide already here or some pointers to help me style that template with the standard sidebar CSS..
    Capture_01022011_121419.jpg

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This thread should help explain some of it: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-create-a-page-node.9510/

This one is to do with embedding images: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...omatically-resize-and-zoom-when-clicked.7412/

Essentially though just use the same classes as the existing templates, such as sectionMain, h1, h2, heading, subHeading, primaryContent, secondaryContent, etc.

Internal links are added using xen:link, for example:
    <a href="{xen:link 'forums/announcements/'}">Announcements</a>

FredC likes this.
  3. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Thanks Brogan.. But i guess thats over my head.. I couldnt make much sense of most of that.. I suppose its good enough.

4. Brogan

If you explain what you want to do, I'm sure we can get it sorted for you :)

Then once we've done one template that should help you with any others you want to create.

5. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Id like the [lint-to_us] template i created to look like the other blocks in the side bar.. With the title "Link To Us" to appear as the others in the sidebar.. Id imagine its just a matter of copying or calling another CSS template but i really know little about these things.

6. Brogan

7. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Thanks Brogan That did the trick. :D