Add Online Status Indicator to Profile Page and Member Card

All joking aside, it probably would be more consistent if the "little green dog" showed up in a number of places if someone is online (and, of course, make it easier for your stalkers to see if you'll get that profile message/Conversation faster :D)

Clearly it's already in threads
online1.webp

It should probably show up on Membercards

online2.webp
And on Profile Pages too
online3.webp

All joking aside, it probably would be more consistent if the "little green dog" showed up in a number of places if someone is online (and, of course, make it easier for your stalkers to see if you'll get that profile message/Conversation faster :D)

Clearly it's already in threads
View attachment 79517

It should probably show up on Membercards

View attachment 79518
And on Profile Pages too
View attachment 79519
I agree with you, I suggest you create a suggestion (which I argue) :)

Just curious wouldn't there be an issue with users having smaller avatars on the membercard and in the profile mast area?Indicators would be floating in the additional space and not directly on the avatar.

Screenshot_26.webp

I'd argue that having the green dot on the member card and profile page would be superfluous, because those areas already contain an online indicator.

I do think it's a bad idea to show it on all user generated content, though, including statuses, profile posts and comments.

I'd argue that having the green dot on the member card and profile page would be superfluous, because those areas already contain an online indicator.
Not really, it has a last viewed indicator - not really an online right this very second you're viewing indicator :D

I do think it's a bad idea to show it on all user generated content, though, including statuses, profile posts and comments.
Totally agree with that.

Not really, it has a last viewed indicator - not really an online right this very second you're viewing indicator :D

Totally agree with that.
I actually didn't mean to say bad. Distracted by a noisy toddler :) I think it's a good idea for it to be shown on all user generated content.

I still see it as an online indicator, even if it's text based though. Obviously if they last viewed something a moment ago, they are online right this very second. It's not quite as explicit; being considered "online" is activity within the last X minutes. I think it's 15 minutes by default. So, if it says I last viewed something 16 minutes ago, I'm no longer "online", but, granted, that's not immediately clear from the member card.

I actually didn't mean to say bad. Distracted by a noisy toddler :) I think it's a good idea for it to be shown on all user generated content.

I still see it as an online indicator, even if it's text based though. Obviously if they last viewed something a moment ago, they are online right this very second. It's not quite as explicit; being considered "online" is activity within the last X minutes. I think it's 15 minutes by default. So, if it says I last viewed something 16 minutes ago, I'm no longer "online", but, granted, that's not immediately clear from the member card.
Then for consistency I think it'd need to be on the profile page of the person you're viewing as well.... although I'm not sure green dots everywhere would be good for the eyes LOL

I'm neither for or against it, to be honest. I'm just thinking with the OCD side of my brain today. Now I expect to see a green dot in the avatar of someone who is online, so my brain needs to see it everywhere otherwise there is no spoon.... wait . . . . :confused:

I've just come to the realisation in the last 10 minutes that I think they should cancel feature. It's generated so much discussion, I literally don't even care anymore :D

Someone give me a little nudge once a decision has been made and I'll go with that as being the best solution possible.

I've just come to the realisation in the last 10 minutes that I think they should cancel feature. It's generated so much discussion, I literally don't even care anymore :D

Someone give me a little nudge once a decision has been made and I'll go with that as being the best solution possible.
Who'd have thought a little green dot would cause so much noise :D

Just curious wouldn't there be an issue with users having smaller avatars on the membercard and in the profile mast area?Indicators would be floating in the additional space and not directly on the avatar.

Maybe for the member profile and member card, it could be text-based, like so:

Member Card.webp

And red for offline.

It'd probably look better above "X was last seen," but yeah. Then for the profile page, it could go above the Last Activity text.

I think it's 15 minutes by default. So, if it says I last viewed something 16 minutes ago, I'm no longer "online", but, granted, that's not immediately clear from the member card.

Yes, 15 minutes.

And exactly! :D

Top Bottom