[Add-On] Flash charts for Pages

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
One thing which would be great for the Pages feature would be the ability to embed dynamic flash charts. Of course the XF software would also have to support the feature in the first place.

amCharts do free software which is able to produce lots of different types of charts.
Such as Column & Bar, Line & Area, Scatter & Bubble, etc.

The charts can be produced from CSV, XML or PHP files.

I would love to see someone write an add-on for this, I've got soooo many uses for it.

450 Euros, not that bad.
I did say it was free in my opening post.

You can download and use all amCharts products for free. The only limitation of the free version is that a small link to this web site will be displayed in the top left corner of your charts.

The add-on would simply allow site owners to easily embed the charts, after downloading and installing the software on their own server.

This would be terrific

One thing which would be great for the Pages feature would be the ability to embed dynamic flash charts. Of course the XF software would also have to support the feature in the first place.

amCharts do free software which is able to produce lots of different types of charts.
Such as Column & Bar, Line & Area, Scatter & Bubble, etc.

The charts can be produced from CSV, XML or PHP files.

I would love to see someone write an add-on for this, I've got soooo many uses for it.

Additionally, the free license says this:
I can't really see what value you're adding to this thread.
The free license options are adequate for most users and allows them to embed the charts in their personal sites.

Q: Can I use amCharts for free?
A: Yes, the only limitation of the free version is that a small link to this web site will be displayed in the top left corner of your charts.

I can't really see what value you're adding to this thread.
The free license options are adequate for most users and allows them to embed the charts in their personal sites.

Whilst I like the idea, I am concerned about the free license. If this were to be implemented, the user would have to download and install the software themselves. XenForo simply cannot include the amCharts library, without the company purchasing an OEM license. As such, I would recommend this be an addon, instead of core functionality.

Whilst I like the idea, I am concerned about the free license. If this were to be implemented, the user would have to download and install the software themselves. XenForo simply cannot include the amCharts library, without the company purchasing an OEM license. As such, I would recommend this be an addon, instead of core functionality.
Sigh...

Have you read the title of the thread? [Add-On] Flash charts for Pages

Did you read my previous posts?

The add-on would simply allow site owners to easily embed the charts, after downloading and installing the software on their own server.

chart

google has a free service offering charts through API.

not flashy but they work great.

http://code.google.com/apis/chart/

May I suggest Open Flash Charts v2 (Flash) or Flot (jQuery)? They are both just as great as amCharts and are completely open-source, so they could be redistributed with the addon. :)

Top Bottom