1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Add missing buttons to editor - QUOTE, CODE, PHP, etc.

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Green Cat, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Green Cat

Green Cat Active Member

More of a feature request than a bug but there is no quote button on the editor.
    I know that I can just type out the BB-code but it would be more user-friendly to just have the button there to start with.

2. majdi

majdi Well-Known Member

how could they forget such a basic feature :p
    im almost certain that it will be included in the next build

3. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Click the reply button, it gets autofilled. ;)

#2 Report Like Reply

4. Green Cat

Green Cat Active Member

You are not always going to quote something actually written on the forum ;)

5. mizter1nho

mizter1nho Well-Known Member

Missing quote, php (?), etc buttons in editor.

6. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Yeah, and the code tags are missing also.

7. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Agree, I would at the very least like quote, since I use that so often. :)

8. mizter1nho

mizter1nho Well-Known Member

Test
    PHP:
    echo "Test";

9. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Yes the list of BBCode buttons I would like to see added are

Code
    PHP
    HTML

and possibly

PLAIN

10. Floris

Floris Guest

I like the quick reply and inline edit to be as clean as possible, but have the advanced editor list an additional toolbar with additional buttons.

That said, I wish if the system detected I am on a modern browser, and in wide-enough screen resolution, the toolbar is just 1 line, not two.

JVCode, Stormraven, dutchbb and 3 others like this.
  11. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Great idea. :)

12. hcmagix

hcmagix Active Member

I missed the quote button in the editor because often I quote sentences not complete postings.

Alluidh likes this.
  13. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

i need that someone makes this add-on fully compatible with this board ... http://bbcodextra.extenzilla.org/ :D

14. Safin

Safin Member

+1 to this. I was hunting for the button myself and i thought it somehow wasn't loading.
    I tend to quote part of messages and a quote button is really essential imo.

Little OT: There is a case for stripping whitespace characters before the start and end of the quoted text. eg some firefox extensions add a lot of white space newlines before and after the quoted text within the
    Code:
     [quote bbcode.
    Edit: It appears the code automatically checks and appends any unclosed bbcode here. I think that might cause issues at some places. eg here, my intention was to just show the bbcode name as [ quote ] but the code appended the closing tag automatically creating all text following it as part of the bbcode text.

15. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Member

16. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I agree, we do need a quote button. I was looking for it last night to quote something and only then, realized that it was missing.

17. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Any input? I've assumed this was on the todo list, but possibly you have been waiting to see how much desire there is for it?

My members have not all memorized the quote bbcode.

18. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There's support for adding buttons to the editor. But quote along with code-related buttons should ideally make an appearance.

Floris and Abomination like this.
  19. Floris

Floris Guest

Cool, thanks for the info Mike :)

20. ---MAD---

---MAD--- Well-Known Member

They are indeed.